Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday Training 7.. (On A Happier Note)

I don't have time for a full-length update, but I wanted to share this amusing video from agility class tonight:




Things of note:

1) I did that opening sequence better the four times I ran the course before this.  No idea what was going here!

2) Very proud of my handling into the second tunnel!  Marge has a tendency to pull to contacts, so the fact that I kept her head and sent her into the tunnel made me really happy.

3) As you can see, she flew off the A-Frame.  There was originally a zone honor up, so she performed a running contact (and did it well) but due to time constraints (we ran this course in the last few minutes of class) we did this run without it.

4) Getting better at the Dog Walk 2o2o!  

5) She was NOT supposed to get on the teeter - we swung wide to the jump next to it initially - but I was totally thrilled with how well she did it.  Unfortunately my treat bag fell out of my pouch at the beginning of our run, so I had very little reinforcement for her.  

6)  I should be mad about her taking off out of the ring.. but she went over to greet people!  Obviously that's not something I want to encourage, but it just amazes me at how social Marge can be when she's not feeling scared.

We really had an excellent class.  Marge reacted to one dog who had zoomies (the same little fluffball from an earlier reactive incident) but settled down after a little while and was fine with the dog when they were up close and sniffing each other.  

My vet is in Wednesday through Saturday (split practice), so I plan on calling up to make an appointment tomorrow or Thursday.  

Thank you all for your kind words on my last post.  As you saw, I was really feeling down in the dumps about what's been going on with Marge.  I have a very hard time dealing with setbacks.. her pain, essentially, becomes my pain.  I'm so thankful we had a good class tonight and I saw the happy, loving-life side of Marge.  It's really tough to not be able to see that side of her more often outside of my home and yard.

Sorry for neglecting everyone's comment boxes - let me just get through the long day at school tomorrow and then I should be back in the blogosphere.

10 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk September 16, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

GREATJOB!!!! That was a very nice front cross at the first, you forgot to put that in your list of good things, the dog walk looked wonderful, she really dove into that second tunnel, the teeter looked great and I would not have punished or got upset about her running off, Liz does that as a stress reaction so I try my best not to have her do it, but I do not punish, so with Marge happy and wanting to see people....I think that was an excellent choice you made.

Dexter September 16, 2009 at 5:11 AM  

The teeter totter and dog walk are still things I am working on. I can't believe how you just went over! What a brave pup you are. I don't think your little side trip hurt your time at all since you are super fast.

Kisses,
Dexter

BRUTUS September 16, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

She really looks great, Sam! Glad you had a good night with here to make you feel better. I think with animals the "two steps forward, one step back" rule is often in effect. You have what you feel like is your worst day in ages, only to be pleasantly surprised the next day!

Michelle & Brutus

Martha September 16, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

So impressive - glad things are picking up - we have probably said this before but whenever we watch agility we think how fit the humans and the dogs must be!!!
Away for a lie down.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

The Army of Four September 16, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

Looked like Marge did really well! She did great at some of the scarier obstacles - the teeter-totter and the tunnels! Way to go!
Tail wags,
Storms

Sue September 16, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

PWDs are always full of energy and love to play. They can be a bit distracting in a class situation, but they're so darn happy that it's hard not to smile.

Pedro September 16, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Marge,

Wow! I think you did a great job! My mom couldn't have gotten me to do one thing on that course. Not one!

Pedro

Roxanne @ Champion of My Heart September 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

I'd give anything to have Lilly not question the teeter. Marge looked great. Congrats!

I say all the time that Lilly if could just NOT worry, she would run like the wind.

It's nice to see Marge so happy.

Cinnamon and Mint September 16, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Marge looks really happy in the video!! That's great!!!

Astrid Keel September 16, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

Marge, you look great in the video! The teeter totter looks scary to me but you handled it with aplomb!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP