Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gearing Up

I have had a lot of my mind; personal things, school things, family things are all swirling through my head.  I'll apologize in advance because this post is not particularly well written or clever; in fact, it's being written by someone with a huge migraine headache who just stress-ate a half a sleeve of Oreos (there goes the diet!).  The pace is going to be grueling over the next month or so for me, and it's pretty easy to sit here and worry about things.

But I AM going to an agility trial this Saturday and Sunday, so I'm excited about that.

I have practiced the teeter a TON with Marge since our last trial.  In fact, I took her to practice at a private facility over the weekend, where she got to train on two teeters... an old, squeaky one, and a new, rubber one.

She didn't hop off at all, so I'm hoping her confidence transfers over to this trial this weekend.

Her runs this week at class were also excellent.  I haven't seen her run that well with me at our club's agility field in a long time.  I'm betting it's the cooler weather.

The trial is being held in the same park that spurred a lot of agility worries for me last year.  However, I really think that our situation is different this year.  For one, our last trial was only a month ago, as opposed to three months ago.  Also, Marge's noise sensitivities aren't quite so extreme any more.  And lastly, they are not using that dreadful automatic counting table this year at the trial.

I'm hopeful.

Oh, and in case you forgot (since I haven't posted for real in what feels like 5 years), here's what Marge looks like.

7 comments:

Tucker The Crestie September 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM  

Forgive yourself, forget yourself, begin again tomorrow. And take care of yourself ... I am a migraine sufferer myself, so I empathize!

And good luck this weekend!

Kiyi Kiyi September 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM  

Good luck this weekend! Can't wait to hear how it goes! We have missed you :)

Stella September 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM  

I could never forget my friend Marge! Her furs are the same color as my furs! Thanks for the new picture!

Kisses,
Stella

Two French Bulldogs September 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM  

oh mom gets those migraines...relax and take care of you.
Benny & Lily

Amy / Layla the Malamute September 15, 2011 at 1:21 AM  

I'm very excited about the trial! Nervous, since it's a new site for me and our last outdoor trail was an absolute bust. But excited nonetheless.

Migraines are the worst. Luckily I don't get them very often, but they're awful when I do.

Good luck with the rest of your prep, and see you Saturday!

Kari in Alaska September 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

Migraines are the worst. Make sure to give yourself enough time to recover

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Kathy Mocharnuk September 17, 2011 at 3:16 AM  

so nice to see Marge she is looking GREAT! Good luck and have fun!!!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP