Monday, December 19, 2011

Where To Begin?

I want to encourage all of you to chip in, as I just did, for Sandra's Fire Recovery fund.  If you haven't heard, Sandra (possibly better know as mom of the "Houston Pittie Pack") lost five of her rescue dogs and her entire home to a fire a few days ago.  Sandra has commented on my blog in the past and I can speak from personal experience that she is an exceptional person with a big heart.  I can't imagine the pain and sorrow she must be feeling right now.

-------------------------

I have no idea where to even begin with this post.  I suspect it'll shape up to be little more than rambles, but when you've been gone away from your blog for as long as I have (a month?) and have instead been buried in textbooks, anything goes.  I'm still adjusting to the fact that I don't have to pick up a book until February at the earliest.


I guess the purpose of this post is to let you know that we're all still here.  School has left me much too busy to post and comment, but I've been following along with everybody's posts pretty well.  My finals are now over and I hope to have some more free time.  The worst is over for me - while I will be at school literally every day over my winter break (more on that another time), I've only got two classes to take in the Spring, and then I'm home free.

I've applied to Physical Therapy school and expect to hear a decision from them sometime in February.

Marge and I have been practicing agility, but aren't overdoing it; we'll kick in to full swing again sometime in mid-January, hopefully.  Otherwise, she has been enjoying walks and games of fetch in the field across the street and some snuggle time here or there.

Layla's doing well, too... still battling some asthma issues, but we're taking one day at a time and just keeping her happy.  I hate the fact that she's on steroids, but it doesn't seem like we have much of a choice, as it's keeping all of her many ailments relatively at bay.

I've been riding quite often, too, and am so thankful to be getting lessons from a horse and a human who are excellent and knowledgeable teachers.

And when I'm not walking my dog, getting cuddles from my cat, or horseback riding, I'm tending to my 40 research pigeons.

Yep, my life has gone to the animals.

I'm not sure what the direction of this blog exactly is any more, since Marge is far from the fearful dog that she was three years (!!) ago when this blog started.  But I do intend to keep it going, even if it's in a more limited capacity, hopefully posting more about Marge's adventures (though they've grown increasingly mundane as my schedule has kept me away from parks and the like) and dog training in general, and perhaps throwing in some posts about issues that I think could spur interesting debate/discussion among my followers.  Aside from writing the actual posts, it is the discussions and sharing of knowledge and personal stories that I miss most about blogging.

So here's to a 2012 of more than one post per month.

6 comments:

Dawn December 20, 2011 at 6:52 AM  

Glad to hear things will be a bit easier for you at least over the holiday break! And very glad to hear Marge is having fun playing and cuddling! Have a wonderful holiday, all of you, even the 40 research pigeons!

andrea December 20, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

So glad layla is hanging in there - and things are ticking along ... the curse of being busy and a little biit settles .. :)

have a wonderful textbook free break (wish I could say school free for you!)

nice to see you are ok ... so sad abot Sandra :(

Anna the GSD December 20, 2011 at 12:13 PM  

Good to hear from you! Sometimes life gets...well...boring or just plain ol' busy!! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!

Kathy Mocharnuk December 22, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

I dont know how you do it with all you have on your plate, such an exciting time for you I imagine and so many changes, I can not wait to see what 2012 holds for you,....and Marge, and Layla

Never Say Never Greyhounds December 22, 2011 at 6:45 PM  

I hope you receive good news from the PT school soon. Enjoy the break!

AC December 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

What, wait, you're almost done with school?! Have you been in for four years or are you finishing early? When I first started following your blog it seemed like you just started school...maybe time really just flies!

Anyway, congrats on coming to the final stretch/getting in grad apps/hanging in there with a crazy schedule. I'm excited to see where you end up in the coming months. Do keep us posted with your own updates, along with those of your furry friends!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP