Monday, April 8, 2013

April Agility Overnighter

This past weekend, Louie, Marge and I ventured to a brand new trial site in Pitman, NJ.  It was an indoor turf arena that I really liked.  The footing was great and there were some nice places to take walks.  I have reservations about trialing there this summer since the area where the agility rings are located is not air conditioned, but it was a really cool place for a trial.

Marge was very successful yet again, earning QQ #6 on Saturday.


There's not too much negative to be said about two qualifying runs, but I do think I could have tightened things up a bit and made my cues more clear.. like, for example, on the wrap at the end of the Jumpers run, where Marge takes the turn really wide because I did not cue the wrap at all.  Between these two runs, Marge came away with 26 more points, and reached a new high for number of points in a single run (16).  This Standard run was Marge's 9th MX leg.

Sunday, we were on the line for our MX.  But, I flubbed things up...


I sent Marge off course over the jump after the dog walk by rushing things.  I could have a) front crossed after the dog walk or b) shaped the turn like a rear cross.. instead, Marge did not read any change in direction of motion and followed my right arm to the nearest jump.  Bad handler!

We got things together in Jumpers later on Sunday afternoon.  That Jumpers run was my favorite run of the weekend.. from the bold lead-out to the many front crosses, I really like how we worked together on this one.  A few turns could have been tightened up, but to qualify on this course and earn 9 points.. I was happy with how things went.

And we had a great time when we weren't doing agility, too.  Though we missed Arrow, who had the weekend off, Marge enjoyed sprawling out at the hotel.


She also hung out and took walks with her best pal, Spirit.


Posing with her QQ loot:


Our efforts this weekend boosted us to 2 QQs, 6 Qs, and 68 MACH points on the year.  Over all, Marge now has 6 QQs, 9 MX legs, 19 MXJ legs, and 235 MACH points.

We'll take next weekend off, then head out for one day of outdoor trialing in Willingboro, NJ the following weekend.  I hope our good luck and solid teamwork continues!

3 comments:

Jo's World April 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM  

You two just do a great job out there! Marge's pure joy when she is running is just a pleasure to see! I hope you have some fun on your weekend off and good luck from me on your next run!

Cheers,
Jo, Stella and Zkhat

Sue April 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM  

You two are amazing. Have fun.
Sue

KB April 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM  

You look like stars! Seriously, you and Marge have made a huge step up - you look like the teams at Nationals who I see on TV. Wow!

Way to go. And you're both having so much fun. Marge has come so far!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP