Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday Training 43

So much for more regular posting and updates.

I've been sick as a dog for the past three days or so.  Horrible headaches, body aches, stuffy nose, swollen glands, aching ears, fever.  NOT fun.  I've cancelled a whole lot of plans in the past 72 hours (because for some reason, this "winter break" really hasn't been much of a break at all).  As such, I've had absolutely no desire to blog or do anything other than sleep.

I did, however, go to agility class on Sunday night.  I'm too tired to post much more than this, but here's one of the courses we ran:


My plan:

- Led out past 2 with Marge on my right to get her in to tunnel.
- Send her up the A-Frame, she's on my left until after Jump 8.
- Front crossed on the landing side of 8, as well as the landing side of 10 (of course, I put the number on the wrong side of the obstacle in Course Designer.. tire 9 - jump 10 should be a 180, not a threadle).
- Straight forward until the weave entrance.. and what a wicked entrance it was!  But, Marge and I nailed it on the first try.
- Then, the course ended the same way that it started.

Though this was not officially a class -- it was actually a group lesson that I organized with my teacher and some fellow students -- this was our first time training at the Excellent level (that is, with other Excellent level dogs).  We've moved on up!

12 comments:

ForPetsSake January 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM  

Congratulations on moving up! I must admit I feel like a weenie re: your course. I'm realizing I don't know a whole lot about agility :/

Diana January 19, 2011 at 6:01 AM  

Its seems like everyone in the blog land is sick with the same thing. You all have a blog virus. LOL I hope I dont get that. Feel better soon.

Man that angle to the teeter looks severe.

Congrats on moving up!

Sara January 19, 2011 at 6:19 AM  

Diana, you're too funny. Blog virus...can you imagine?

Sam, I hope you're feeling better soon. This bug does seem to be going around, and it is not a pleasant one. Take it easy.

I'm not surprised at all that you and Marge have moved up to the Excellent level....you are excellent!

Unknown January 19, 2011 at 7:56 AM  

Congratulations!!! You sure did very well with Marge, what a fantastic team you are.
Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well and hope you feel much better by now. Apparently a lot of people are hit by this nasty bug, so take a good rest, drink lots of fluids and have enough sleep too!

Kathy Mocharnuk January 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

Congrats on moving up!
Sooooo sorry to hear you are sick, that sounds miserable ;=( hope you are taking care of yourself and hope you feel better soon!!!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ January 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM  

That's great that you have moved up. A challenge is always good. Hope you feel better. Some of the humans around here have been pretty sick too. That time of the year.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Kristine January 19, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

Congratulations! That is a wicked weave entrance for sure. It's funny, I planned something else out in my head at first, but when I read what you did, yours made so much more sense. So thanks for that. I need to look at more plans like these, I think.

I hope you feel better soon!

Two French Bulldogs January 19, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

Congratulations Marge!
Benny & Lily

Two French Bulldogs January 19, 2011 at 5:44 PM  

Congratulations Marge!
Benny & Lily

KB January 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

That looked like a tough course that required some precise handling in spots. Glad to hear that you two nailed it... and congrats on moving up!

Lisa Foxworthy Stine January 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM  

I can never do agility, I can't keep any pattern straight in my head. I tried step class so many times, and even after half a year I still couldn't do the routines because I couldn't remember the sequences. No doubt my dogs could do agility, just not me!

Muttsandaklutz January 20, 2011 at 5:42 PM  

Excellent? Excellent! Playing with the big dogs now! :-)

But hey, take it easy and heal up. The blog will be here when you're feeling better.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP