Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow, Spring and the Semester

Early Spring? I think not!


It's going to have to get pretty darn warm to melt all of this stuff (plus the nice layer of ice that coated everything this morning).

The sad part is that it's not even "useable" snow anymore.  It's now dirty and crusty, which is uncomfortable for dog paws and human feet alike.  I wish there was a magic RESET button that I could press to get a batch of fresh snow for Marge to run around in.  I'd prefer 2 or 3 inches instead of 23 this time, though.


I haven't done a darn thing with Marge this week.  We've gone on a few walks around the block and that's about it.  There's literally no where to walk!

 She did accompany me to the non-competitive agility class which I've begun teaching again on Monday.  She played with the other instructor's dog, a male Standard Poodle.  She snarked him a few times more than I would have preferred, but he seemed to have great manners and read her well, and she did offer him a couple of play bows and zoomed through tunnels with him.  I anticipate that with more play sessions, she'll continue to get more comfortable with him.

I've just gone back to school for the semester and am trying to prepare myself for a wicked semester of Anatomy and Physiology.  I'm taking only two classes, but that's in addition to my lab research (yes, pigeons!), which is proving to be extremely time intensive.  I'm still at my counseling internship, but, quite honestly, am no longer enjoying it and looking to leave soon.  I'm going to be starting volunteer work at a physical therapist's office as well. On top of that, I really need to start studying for the GRE, which I'm planning on taking in a matter of months.  As such, blog updates and visits are going to be all over the place for a while until I settle into my new routine.

17 comments:

Stella February 2, 2011 at 10:50 PM  

Cold, cold, cold, Sam! Both Stella and I find it too cold to even be out walking. We are hoping tomorrow brings a bit of a warm-up so we can do some errands.

We didn't get the big snow you guys got although we already had about 4 feet, so we didn't need anymore!

Cheers and good wishes to you and Marge!

Jo and Stella

houndstooth February 2, 2011 at 11:00 PM  

I hear you on the snow situation! We got out today because we just couldn't stand ourselves all cooped up in the house together again. Good luck to you with the new semester!

Wyatt February 2, 2011 at 11:49 PM  

snow is nice, but enuff already for you guys!! Stupid Groundhog!

Wyatt

Unknown February 3, 2011 at 1:04 AM  

Stay warm and safe!
Good luck for your new semester and have a great start!

Kathy Mocharnuk February 3, 2011 at 5:53 AM  

I took Anatomy during the summer one year and boy that was an intense class ;-), that and phisio and your research sounds like it will keep you busy! Bet the break will make Marge learn even fasterwhen the weather and your schedule clears so you guys can get back at it, ;-). Stay warm and safe you guys!

Chris and Ricky February 3, 2011 at 7:11 AM  

Us too - we can't do anything including walks - hate winter and can't wait for it to be over!

I don't envy you all the studying, etc. Good luck!

Diana February 3, 2011 at 7:34 AM  

I remember taking my A & P class. On the first day in lab day we had to skin cadavers. Yuk!
Then for one of the test, he put a bone in a sock and you had to tell which bone it was. LOL Good luck and have fun.

Marianne Pysh February 3, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

It always seems like the first snow of the year is beautiful, white and fun to play in. But, as time goes on and it's trampled and mixed with salt, it just starts to look ugly!

Kristine February 3, 2011 at 9:55 AM  

I am kind of sad about the non-useful snow too. I was hoping to spend the day building a snow-dog but the snow is not the sticking together kind. Too cold, too gross. Booo.

God luck with your classes! It sounds like a lot of work.

Two French Bulldogs February 3, 2011 at 10:05 AM  

Marge you are going to have to do extra pee pee outside to help the melting process
Benny & Lily

Kari in Alaska February 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM  

City snow is only great on the first day, before it turns brown and crusty :(

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Sue February 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

It's too cold here today for the dogs to go out. Stay warm and study hard. We'll be here when you get time to post.

andrea February 3, 2011 at 5:23 PM  

Hang in there - I hope you find your new rythm soon :)

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly February 4, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

Don't get lost in all that snow!

Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three

KB February 4, 2011 at 10:12 PM  

Please let me know if you find the reset button! I'll use it too.

Anatomy and physiology together is actually a heavy load. Plus your research. Can you tell us about what you're doing in your research? I'd love to hear about it.

It sounds like you have a heavy load but are figuring out what you love and what you don't. That's a good step in the right direction.

Pats to Marge! Love the photos.

Sara February 5, 2011 at 4:44 PM  

Boy, you are busy! Hope your snow is melting.....

BRUTUS February 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

Wow! Talk about having a lot of irons in the fire! I remember those sort of days all too well. I did love A&P though!! Good luck balancing that schedule of yours!

Michelle

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP