Friday, April 27, 2012

April Outtakes: Titanic Week


As a lover of historical events (though not exactly a fan of history as a whole), and as the sister to an amateur vessel photographer, I went up to Staten Island's North Shore, which looks out towards New York City, to watch a ship commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Titanic's ill-fated sole voyage depart from New York Harbor.

Naturally, Marge tagged along, and every photo I took mirrored those that my sister took, except for the fact that Marge was present in mine, but not in hers.  While they were the focal point of my sister's images, for me, the ships provided a backdrop for my lovely dog!

We were also shown on the New York Harbor Webcam, waving to hundreds of people streaming the cam live from their homes as they watched the ship set sail.  Anything for a little publicity for my gal.


(The man in the image is the person who owns the company that streams these cams from popular ports.  Tracking and watching ships is apparently a hobby, much the way I go plane spotting.  My dad looked on somewhat quizzically as all of this went down, but it was all in good fun.)

The week also included not one, but two trips to go see 1997 film, Titanic, during its re-release in theaters.  Yes, I am a Leo fan.  No, that doesn't have much to do with this blog, so I'll stop right there!

5 comments:

Jo's World April 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM  

Your header pic of Marge and the ship looks great!

I am a Leo fan too, and knew he was going to be great when I saw him in Gilbert Grape!

Cheers,

Jo, Stella and Zkhat

Amy / Layla the Malamute April 27, 2012 at 10:54 PM  

I didn't go see Titanic this time. I did see it three times when it first came out. I'm also a big Leo fan. I'm excited that he's playing Gatsby in an upcoming movie.

You and your sister look a lot alike!

Kari in Alaska April 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM  

When we were in Ireland they were all about the Titanic 100 year thing because it was built in Belfast Northern Ireland

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Frankie Furter and Ernie April 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM  

That was a cool drool thingy to do.

Anonymous May 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM  

Hi,

Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

Thanks and have a great day!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP