Sunday, July 1, 2012

Marge Turns 5

A few days ago, Marge celebrated her 5th birthday (which conveniently falls right around her Gotcha Day, June 29).

I can't believe Marge is 5 years old.  I also can't believe that she's now been in my life for 4 years, nor can I remember what life was like before I had her.

I always feel a little sad around her birthdays, since they mark the fact that she is now another year older.  I can't stand the thought of an old Marge!  Thankfully, she hasn't lost any of her youthful exuberance (though the past few weeks, her main pastime has been holding down the couch... it's too hot to do much else).

As I've done in previous years, I put together a video collage of the past year.  This year's video is the longest yet, but if you want to get a taste of how Marge spends her days, humor me and watch a couple of minutes of it :o)


10 comments:

Jo's World July 1, 2012 at 12:14 PM  

Happy 5th Birthday, Marge! You and me we are about the same age except my day isn't until October
4th when I will be 5.

We will come back later and watch your video, we gotta go right this minute.

Kisses,
Stella

Jo's World July 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM  

We got to stay and watch the video and it is just great to see this girl work! You have done wonders with Marge and even though you don't like her aging, wait a few more years while she just carrys on! Wheee!

Jo, Stella and Zkhat

Muttsandaklutz July 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM  

Happy birthday Marge, the big oh-five! Still a baby -- "old" is a long way off yet ;-)

Diana July 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM  

Happy Birthday Marge!!

Two French Bulldogs July 1, 2012 at 6:15 PM  

Happy Birthday sweet Marge
Benny & Lily

Lorenza July 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM  

Happy Birthday, Marge!
I loved the video!
I am very happy to see you happy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dawn July 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM  

Happy belated birthday Marge! Katie and I watched the whole thing. It sure is good to see you running and jumping and grinning and playing and napping! You are one happy girl, that's for sure!

KB July 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM  

Your video was exactly what I needed this morning. Seeing you appreciate your time with Marge, seeing the love between the two of you, seeing all the amazing progress that you've made to give her a almost fear-free life - well, you made my day, and that's not an easy thing to do today.

Thanks so much for your heart-felt and supportive comments. My heart is breaking into little tiny shards but the support of friends like you helps a lot. Time is winding down all too quickly...

KB July 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM  

I forgot, Happy Birthday Marge!!!!!

Kathy Mocharnuk July 26, 2012 at 12:29 AM  

happy birthday and happy gotcha day. It is so cool to see how you boht have grown and how far you have come. I remember when I first was reading your blog and you were just working to work on the CGC you guys are my heros!!!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP