Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 1681

Once again, life has gotten in the way, and I've missed the official MargeBlog anniversary of January 21.

2008
When I first created this blog, I had owned Marge for only 207 days.  I had known her for only a week longer than that.  Though I had developed some sense of her personality, I still had so much to learn about her.

2009
I didn't know how resilient she would be. Her (quite frankly) shitty upbringing did not predict the dog she would become.  She is social in a very specific way... she isn't over the top about it, but once she loves you, she loves you.  Unless she is playing with her friends, running agility, or impatiently waiting for dinner, I find that she seems to carry a certain aura about her.. of calmness, of loyalty.

2010
And yes, I maintain that she does, in fact, have a sense of humor.

2011
Marge will turn six this year.  Though still a young dog, a few gray hairs adorn her chin.  She will not be here forever. I try to savor every minute with her, since she is a gift that I intend on appreciating as fully as possible.  After all of this time, I still can't take my eyes off of her (and my boyfriend can attest to that!).

2012
Here's to life, love, MargeDog, and the future!

2013

8 comments:

andrea February 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM  

aww happy anniversary of blog and dog!

I hear you about not being able to take your eyes off her... i find myself doing the same thing here

Jo's World February 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM  

When I first came on board with Stella, you frequently spoke about Marge's fears and how to manage them. And did you ever! Hooray for the Sam/Marge team that will only get better and stronger.

Jo and Stella

Kari in Alaska February 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM  

Have anniversaries :)

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Wyatt February 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM  

We started blogging around the same day, Jan. 24th! Happy Blog-O-Versary!

Wyatt

dog walker new york February 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM  

That was very informative.

Kathy Mocharnuk February 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM  

Marge is just amazing and she truly landed in the home that was meant to be for her, with her soul mate! I just love her and her spirit, I feel so privileged to have been allowed to follow her journey,and watch her blossoming,

KB February 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM  

You and Marge inspire me about Shyla. Marge has truly blossomed, and your bond with her is amazing. I remember the early days of your blog when you had as many bad days (with Marge's fear) as good days. I keep that in mind as I am riding a similar roller coaster with Shyla. I am keeping the faith, just as you did, for all those years. And look at the gift that you received!

Sue April 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM  

Congrats on a great year.
Sue

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP