Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bright and Lazy Days

It is with great pleasure that I announce that MY INTERNET IS FIXED! The technician wasn't able to fix it when he came yesterday, because the problem wasn't in my house, but apparently Verizon got their act together and repaired it. Let's cross our fingers it stays this way. I'll be around to visit all of my favorite blogs tonight and tomorrow - I owe all of you a whole lot of comments!


Just briefly, I'll mention that Marge did very well for the hour-plus that the technician was here. I initially kept her in the backyard in her crate, with a cup of kibble in her brand-new Premier Kibble Nibble, but she started to get antsy after emptying it out and even tried to break through the zipper... so, I decided to let her inside. The tech really didn't bother with her, I fed her lots of cookies and all was well. Big step for Marge!

I had a busy day today and had to go run a couple of errands. I was surprised that when I looked outside to see what Marge was doing during her last pottybreak before my departure, I found this:


She had found a little patch of January sunlight and took a snooze. She does this often in the warm months, but seldom gets the chance to do so during the winter because the sun just isn't strong enough. So, it was a nice treat!

I felt bad to call her in right away (she isn't allowed outside unsupervised), so I let her hang out for a bit.


Showing off her bald belly.. little hooch!



Though I like the flexibility to go wherever we please during the winter (versus the summer, filled with lots of scary stuff), I'd be lying if I said I didn't appreciate the sunshine today.

(We've got something pretty exciting coming up over the weekend in terms of agility - a chance to practice at an all-new location! We'll see how it goes and I'll report back here once it's all over.)

23 comments:

kissa-bull January 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

we sure missed you marge
we are glad those doh's fixed to weenternet
wiggles
the houston pittie pack

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! January 14, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

WOOHOO!

What grrrreat news!

I spent khwite a bit of nappyinthesun time too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Cyndi and Stumpy January 14, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

YAY for working interwebz! and for Marge who looks wonderfully relaxed sunbathing!

Kari in Alaska January 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

hooray for internet and sunshine!

Muttsandaklutz January 14, 2010 at 8:42 PM  

Woo hoo! Welcome back :)

Can't wait to hear how agility at the new place goes!

The Army of Four January 14, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

Mom likes the green grass and warm sunshine! Me? I want to know why our snow is disappearing!
Play bows,
Zim

houndstooth January 14, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

We're big fans of sunshine here, too! I envy you your nap!

BRUTUS January 14, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

Looks like you got a hiatus from winter there!! Can't believe that all that snow you had a few weeks ago is gone - I'd think it would still be a soggy mess! Good luck with the new place this weekend!!

Michelle & Brutus

BRUTUS January 14, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

Looks like you got a hiatus from winter there!! Can't believe that all that snow you had a few weeks ago is gone - I'd think it would still be a soggy mess! Good luck with the new place this weekend!!

Michelle & Brutus

LauraK January 14, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

cute pictures! I bet the sunshine was a nice treat for Marge :) Good luck practicing at the new place this weekend- looking forward to hearing about it!

Dexter January 15, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

Marge!

We have all the yard guys and whatnot trained to ignore me when they come to the estate. That way I can supervise them on my own schedule. It keeps me from feeling like I have to be fierce. Good job.

Slobbers,
Mango

Sara January 15, 2010 at 6:10 AM  

Yea for working internet!!!! What a relief!

Yea for Marge dealing with the Verizon guy. That is a big deal!

Guess Marge needed some vitamin D. She's smart for soaking it up while she could. Winter grey will be back in a heartbeat, I'm sure.

Good luck this weekend.

Jules January 15, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Yay, Marge!

Scout and Freyja January 15, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

A lady needs a little beauty sleep now and then and if she can get her sunbathing in at the same time she is doubly blessed. Marge, it worked - you are gorgeous!

Frankie Furter and Ernie January 15, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Hey Marge, nice sunbathing there. Glad that you got to come in when the internet guy was there. Good practice.
Really glad to have you back!!

SissySees January 15, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

I love a dog comfortable enough to show her belly, secure enough to demand a belly rub...

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly January 15, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Yay for internetz and sunshine!!

Woofs and Kisses!

Golden Daily Scoop January 15, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

Yeah for the internet man!!!! Love the pics, I haven't seen grass for awhile!!!

lotsa licks,
Miley

Fred January 15, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Hooray for Marge! And those pictures are bootyfull.

Gus, Louie and Callie January 15, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

Looks like you had a wonderful nappy enjoying the sunshine..
Have a great weekend...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Kathy Mocharnuk January 16, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

YEA for internet and yea for sunny, warm patches to lie in!

Cinnamon and Mint January 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Am glad that you got to have your internet connection fixed!! Marge looks so comfortable lying under the sun.

Love,
Cinnamon

Natalie January 16, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

Bah I'm so jealous! While it was warmer here today we're still up to our ears in snow. Glad you got your internet fixed, I always love seeing your posts pop up in my feed. Can't wait to here more about agility!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP