Thursday, August 5, 2010

Our Day In Flight

Sorry for the short and unannounced hiatus - I just didn't feel like blogging this week and didn't have anything particularly remarkable to write about.  I THOUGHT I was going to have agility video from Tuesday's class to share, but alas, my camera was dead.  It was a very good class, though.  Maybe next week?

Anyway, speaking of cameras, Louie was over yesterday.  He brought with him a fancy shmancy big Canon camera that his dad has access to through his work.  The weather was abysmally humid (and still is), so our plans to hike were thwarted.  He did shoot some shots of Marge catching some serious air playing with me in the yard.


The mention of "air" brings me to my next subject.  Since hiking sounded like a stupid idea with such oppressive heat and the chance of thunderstorms, we took Marge out of the equation and did something else together.

Louie is a big fan of aviation.  He knows things that I am sure even some pilots don't know about planes.  He studies it the way I study dog training.

Anyway, enthusiasts often head to known locations near airports where they can "spot" planes taking off or landing.  Louie and I have gone once before and I very much enjoyed it, so we headed back today, fancy shmancy Canon camera in hand.

Though it still remains to be seen if I'll ever get on a plane again in my life (I have an unexplained phobia of flying), I do like learning which plane's which and I've gotten decent at it, too, for someone who only does it every once in a while.  I'll spare you all of that, and just show you some pictures that both of us snapped while we were there.  See how close we can get? (P.S. - these aren't on my Photobucket - Louie uploaded them elsewhere and I didn't feel like transferring them over since the files are so large.)


Later on in the day, Marge DID get to go for a walk, but I'll save that for next time. :)

19 comments:

Two French Bulldogs August 5, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

you got some jumps girlie..
Benny & Lily

Lauren M. Davis Folk Art! August 5, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

Awww Marge is so adorable!!!! She looks like she is a blast to play with!!! I love playing with dogs it is so much fun and I love how happy it makes both the human and the dog!!! Great pictures of the planes too very cool!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!! ~Hugs~ Lauren and the fuzzy gang

Sara August 5, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

Cool shots!

Jeff likes planes too. I got him a ride in a WWII warbird as an anniversary gift once. He got to fly the plane and even do some tricks and pull some major "g's". I'd be scared to death! He flies RC planes too.

Sure hope the weather cools down soon! Enough already, right?

andrea August 5, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

good air :)
and it's too hot not to take a break from whatever is possible to break from ;)

Chris and Ricky August 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Very cool photos of the planes! Mom isn't exactly afraid to fly but she doesn't care for it much!

We're sick of the heat and humidity too!

Jules August 5, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

Marge gets some serious air!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ August 5, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

Marge can really jump, can't she? Nice action shots.

It is pathetically warm here too, and no relief in sight. Thank dogness for a/c.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Dawn August 5, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

Marge is a real jumping dog, that's for sure!

Cool photos of the planes, they look like they were really close!

houndstooth August 5, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

Great air shots of Marge! The planes are pretty cool, too!

Dexter August 5, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

Phew! So my momma is not the only one who refuses to get on an airplane. Yuh, she used to have a travel job back in the 1980's and she says she was flying around 25% of the time and it just kept making her sicker and sicker and more stressy and then one day she said "NEVER AGAIN" and she never has gotten on another airplane.

It is so hard to find entertainments in this hot weather.

Slobbers,
Mango

Lorenza August 5, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Marge!
Sure you are good at jumping!
Here is very hot too and humid... not good for nice walkies... hmmmm...
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kari in Alaska August 5, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

ugh humidity is the bane of my existence. I love getting back to LA where its so much less than Baltimore.


Don't forget, we've moved to http://dogisgodinreverse.com

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! August 6, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

'They' say the drier air is headed this-a-way but it hasn't arrived YET!

Nice shots!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

tula monstah August 6, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

Marge woo got some hops on ya! woo should hop right into that pool:) stay kool-

tula

Anonymous August 6, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

Looks like a fun day had by all :) Bet the "Airedales" really identified with this ;)

Watchin planes take off (with the exception of the noise) looks like a neat different way to spend an afternoon.

Smilin at Marge's humans,
Roo

LauraK August 6, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

Marge really does know how to get some serious air!

My dad is an airline pilot, so I thought these pictures were extra cool- especially the first one lol.

I'm coming out to New York next Mon-Thurs, hopefully I can survive the heat and humidity! I'm a little nervous if you and Sara - the seasoned pros- aren't handling it well. I haven't been in humidity in years!

Looking forward to hearing about Miss Marge's walk!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR August 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

Woof! Woof! What's up there ... its a plane. Cool! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Gus, Louie and Callie August 6, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

What great photo's.. We love Marge jumping...

Big Slippy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

The Army of Four August 6, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

Sproing, sproing, sproing!
Luv,
Dave

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP