Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Time Flies By

Amazingly, though all of the GRE prep, Anatomy & Physiology torture, time spent with 40+ laboratory pigeons, and volunteering at multiple physical therapy practices, I almost let today slip by without realizing.

Almost.


Today is Marge's 4th birthday.  According to the Georgia group who originally rescued her, her birthday was June 28, 2007.

It really is hard to believe that she's four already... and even harder to believe that she is the same dog that I adopted three years ago (her Gotcha Day is tomorrow!).  She has grown into a confident and happy dog.  I never had any idea that we'd be where we are today.

I admit, I didn't buy her anything yet.  I promised her that I'd buy her some stinky treats at our next agility trial on July 9.

I did, however, complete this 7-minute video highlighting the past year.  This video is one of my absolute favorite things to do each year.. and, like the last two, I am happy with how this one came out.  The music is a little too much on the pop-side for me and I actually picked out at least one better song AFTER I had already made the whole thing, but it works for Marge's attention-grabbing personality and fierce courage and determination in all that she does.





I am so lucky to have such an amazing friend to share my life with!

19 comments:

Two French Bulldogs June 29, 2011 at 12:06 AM  

Happee Happee Birthday Marge!!
Benny & Lily

Stella June 29, 2011 at 12:51 AM  

Happy Birthday from Jo, Stella and Ali Z.

Being lucky works both ways for you guys! I love to watch Marge do agility. . .what joy she expresses! You have done wonders with this girl, Sam!

Jo and the gang

Sara June 29, 2011 at 6:03 AM  

Happy Birthday Marge!

Great video :)

Unknown June 29, 2011 at 6:18 AM  

Happy Birthday Marge!!

We love the video.

Diana June 29, 2011 at 7:44 AM  

Happy Birthday Marge!!

Fred June 29, 2011 at 9:09 AM  

Happy birthday, Marge!!!

Tucker The Crestie June 29, 2011 at 10:36 AM  

Happy Birthday, Marge! And many more!

Cyndi and Stumpy June 29, 2011 at 11:35 AM  

Many happy returns of the day, Marge! Love the video!

Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
Stumpy and me

Kathy Mocharnuk June 29, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARGE! Awesome video for an awesome girl, your mom is very lucky to have such a great friend and partner, nad you are so lucky to have landed in such a deserving fantastic run home that understands you so well. Have a great birthday and a great year ahead, and many more great birthdays!!!!

Kari in Alaska June 29, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

Happy Birthday!!!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ June 29, 2011 at 7:10 PM  

Happy Birthday, Marge - hope you and Mom enjoy it together. Have a great year ahead of you.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Roxanne @ Champion of My Heart June 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

Terrific tribute video in honor of Marge's 4th b-day. Congrats to you both on your love and partnership.

Muttsandaklutz June 29, 2011 at 9:59 PM  

Awesome!! Happy birthday and Gotcha day to Marge! I LOVE all the wonderful photos and video snippets in that montage. Totally made my day :-)

Penny June 29, 2011 at 10:22 PM  

Roxanne and Lilly sent me! I love Marge! She's a talented beauty and it's easy to see how she won your heart. Happy birthday, Marge!

Julie June 29, 2011 at 10:31 PM  

Happy Birthday Marge!! What a lucky girl!!!

Wyatt June 29, 2011 at 11:40 PM  

Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day, Marge!! 4 is a good year to be :)

Wyatt and Stanzie

Lorenza June 30, 2011 at 12:21 AM  

Happy Birthday, Marge!
Sure you two are a grrreat team!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

petdoginsurance June 30, 2011 at 5:30 AM  

Happy Birthday!!!
Dog walking Seattle

Cinnamon and Mint July 1, 2011 at 7:08 AM  

Happy Belated Birthday, Marge!!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP