Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Running The Show

January seems to be a month where no matter how hard I try, I always go running back to APDT Rally with Marge.  Marge and I both like Rally, but we like agility better, so it doesn't leave a whole lot of time to train and compete.

I signed on to be trial chairperson for an APDT Rally Trial at my club this past weekend and knew I'd be at the trial practically all weekend, but I was originally unsure whether I'd show Marge or not.  Ultimately, I decided that even if it was going to make for a crazy weekend schedule-wise (since I would then have to take Marge home, only to go back out to school to run my pigeons), I just couldn't leave Marge out of the fun.

Eight runs (and a lot of money) later, we've finished yet another Rally title (RL1X - the Level 1 Championship title) and are one QQ away from our APDT Rally Champion Excellent (ARCHX) title.  Her lowest score out of the eight runs was, I believe, a 207 (210 is perfect).  So, she had a heck of a weekend!

Here she is finishing her RL1X.  She scored a 210 and was first in the class. I have zero nerves going in to the Rally ring, so it makes for a really nice break from agility for us.




She got this awesome purple ribbon for the title.  I've just recently started to get into the habit of donating back my Rally ribbons, but this one I just had to have.  Love the pawprints!


Now that we've got within smelling distance of yet another title, I can't deny Marge the fun of another few Rally runs.  There's another trial going on at my club in a couple weeks, and I decided what the heck - let's go out and get that ARCHX.  I don't care at all about titles, but Marge clearly likes competing in Rally so I just couldn't help but chase that last QQ!

In addition to her success in the ring, Marge had a phenomenal weekend behavior-wise.  Everyone who knew her and remembered how she started out commented on her work ethic and total comfort in the trial atmosphere.  Perhaps most amazingly, she got loved on by two young boys who pet her, held her leash, and fed her treats without her feeling uncomfortable at all.  Not only did she tolerate being handled by them, she actually enjoyed it and sought it out by approaching them first.

My dog? Really? Yep.

9 comments:

Amy / Layla the Malamute January 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM  

Congratulations!! That's awesome. I'd be going for the ARCHX too. Extra congrats on her seeking out the two boys :)

That's a gorgeous ribbon, btw

Deborah January 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM  

Congratulations and Happy New Year!
xxoo
Deborah

LauraK January 11, 2012 at 12:26 AM  

AHHHH so cool to look back and see how far Marge has come. Sounds like a fantastic weekend for you two, congratulations!

petdoginsurance January 11, 2012 at 2:20 AM  

Thank you for posting. Have a look at this link www.petsitting.com for your pet sitting needs.
Dog sitting Chicago

An English Shepherd January 11, 2012 at 2:31 AM  

Congratulations :-)

Diana January 11, 2012 at 8:12 AM  

Wow, great job!!

Unknown January 11, 2012 at 8:12 AM  

Wow!

Congratulations!!!

andrea January 11, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

what a fabulous weekend :) CONGRATS

why do you have no nerves for rally but have them in agility? You might want to really think about your state on the next rally start line so you can recreate it on an agility start line - you honestly can make your body believe it isn't nervous :)

Two French Bulldogs January 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM  

you go girl!!
Benny & Lily

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP