Friday, July 31, 2009

Food Frenzy

Hi all, the Margedog herself is here for a change. I stole the blog password from my hooman to bring light to the abuse I endured the other day while trying to enjoy a slice of aguamelon. (Some of you hoomans call it watermelon, but my family always tells me to "go drink some agua" so I figured it must be the same for this big juicy red fruit since it has so much agua in it. My hooman says it's the only word that stuck with her after years of Spanish in her elementary school days. Not that I know what Spanish or elementary school is.)


But aaanyway, see this?! Isn't it a disgrace!! Aguamelon on the nose? Milkbones, okay, even a slice of cheese, okay. But AGUAMELON! I only get it a couple of times a year, and I have to sit there with my freakin' head perfectly still balancing a tiny piece on my noise just to be allowed to get a taste!


Thank goD she let me have a couple more bites after that! I can't believe the two leggers didn't want it. Something about it being too old and too soft. They're crazy! I didn't find a darn thing wrong with it!

Okay, okay, on second thought I guess the balancing on the nose act wasn't so bad. I got to enjoy alot of tasty aguamelon because of it. I looove aguamelon. It's the only thing I like from the summer. Thunder, people, heat! Go away!!!! But aguamelon.. can't you stay the whole year round? Pleeeease? My hooman says its never as fresh in the cold months, but I don't believe her because she didn't like this aguamelon either! Ohh.. I can see it now.. aguamelon and snow.. now THAT would be a good life!!



My hooman promises she'll be back on the weekend with updates about everything else. It's rainy here and she doesn't have much news today, so I wanted to come tell y'all about one of my favorites food in the whole wide world. :)

5 comments:

NCmountainwoman July 31, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

Nice trick, Marge. I'll bet you spent quite a bit of time trying to get the last drop of aquamelon off your nose.

Martha August 1, 2009 at 5:39 AM  

Hi Marge
Good work doing the blog - we thought your trick was amazing.
We loved your pictures - they made us smile.
It is an outrage what we have to do for humans right enough!!!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Sue August 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

Yes, Marge, we love it, too. Our mom put a big watermelon in the fridge the other day. That means we're going to have a special treat pretty soon.

Cinnamon and Mint August 1, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

The name "aguamelon" sounds more delicious than "watermelon"! The spanish must be gourmet :-)

PoochesForPeace August 2, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Nice to hear from you Margie!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP