Sunday, August 9, 2009

Into the Sunrise



I went out to Louie's for most of the day yesterday, so I wanted to leave my family with a tired out Marge who wasn't looking for something to do or trying to find me. So, I woke up at 6:15 AM to go on one of the most memorable walks I've taken with Marge so far for forty five minutes across the street in Miller Field.

It was absolutely gorgeous out. Everything was coated in golden. The sun was just creeping up, so the heat of the day had not yet set in. There were not many people out at all, and the only sound we heard was the garbage truck picking up waste from the perimeter of the field. No clicker needed, no treats, no distraction games. Just, for the most part, me, my dog, and an abundance of smells for her to poke at.



We had a couple of good walks today during the day, too, but I kept them ridiculously short, maybe ten minutes each. However, Marge's toy drive has increased so chasing toys in the backyard has become a means of exercise for her as well. She had a zoomy fit that I know must have taken some steam off. Later, too, we will stick close by the house, as the humidity is on the rise and the forecast for tonight doesn't look so good.

Tomorrow is supposed to be one of the hottest days of the summer, and I am sure the next week will be littered with thunderstorms, so I may have to wake up for another early morning walk. I've never been a morning person, but the prospect of walks filled with nothing but beauty and peacefulness are enticing.

5 comments:

Sue August 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

It sounds wonderful. I enjoy being out early with my dogs, too.

PoochesForPeace August 10, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

Back before my motivation went missing I used to get up a few times a week at 5:30am and go for a jog. It really is so nice to be out before the heat, people, and noise!

BRUTUS August 10, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

That first picture is beautiful. It's always nice to be surprised by beauty when you least expect it, eh? The weather is the pits here too - mother nature finally catching up on what has been an unusually mild and not-humid summer. Oh, well - knew we had it coming!

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

Martha August 10, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Lovely pictures - we are trying to go out either early or later as it can be too warm at the moment.

love
Martha & Bailey xx

Cinnamon and Mint August 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

I am glad that you and Marge had a pleasant walk early in the morning. The sunrise photo is so beautiful!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP