Monday, May 24, 2010

An Award For Us and Kitty Sitting

Our new friends Rebecca and Daisy Mae at If You Give A Dog A Bone presented us with this award. Thank you, guys!



I definitely do pride myself on writing about lots of different topics. In keeping with the rules of the award, here are seven facts about Marge! To change it up, I'm going to make them all agility facts!

1. She has super weave entrances and I can get decent lateral distance from her while she's in the poles.
2. Her A-Frame contact is currently an enormous work in progress. We've been practicing on our stairs.
3. She used to really dislike the tunnels and would often refuse to go in or come out the wrong way. Thankfully, that's changed!
4. She finds the table to be a lot of fun. Even when AKC changes its rules and makes the table non-positional, I'll still have her do an automatic down on it.
5. She had major issues with the tire in the beginning - lowering it only made it worse - probably because she didn't know where to look for the opening!
6. She has jumped over 3' in my back yard with no problem. But, that was when I was still dog-ignorant, and now I realize that jumping her that high can injure her if she's not used to it.
7. I really, really hope she can get her Master Agility Champion title. If we accomplish nothing else except that in our performance endeavors, I'll be happy. I dream about it sometimes.

We won't pass it on to any one in particular, but feel free to take it if you want it - especially if you're a new blogger!

This weekend, I spent my time kitty sitting for four cats. Their momma is a family friend's sister, and needed someone on short notice to watch them for her.

This is Tippy. He is the oldest.


And Moby. He's the second oldest and the most friendly.


And Cleo. The most stand-offish of the bunch. Reminds me a lot of my boyfriend's old cat, Russell.


And lastly, Wanda, the kitten, who didn't show her face until yesterday.

They were SO much fun to watch. I had to be on my toes because the older two are on restricted diets, which made feeding time interesting. I think we got through it OK, though. Even though I only spent four days with them, I'm going to miss them!

I even got them to play a little. Tippy, Moby and Wanda were totally obsessed with the string I brought from my house. It was nice to see a cat as old as Tippy actually be interested in playing with something. It was also nice to see them gradually warm up to me as the days went by.


Just thought I'd introduce my new friends. It's been quiet around here other wise. Expect a training update (finally!) tomorrow night; Marge and I have been doing a few things together.

13 comments:

Sara May 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

Congrats on your award. I loved your 7 facts. I learned new things about Marge while reading them!

The cats are very cute!

mayziegal May 24, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

Congratulations on your awardie! You are very much versatile! I liked hearing those facts about Marge (even though I didn't know what some of them meant).

I also liked meeting your new kitteh furends. They are very sweet looking!

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

houndstooth May 24, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

Wow! Those are seven impressive facts!

Those cats are so cute! I sometimes think I wouldn't mind having another one, but I don't think it will happen for a while.

Cyndi and Stumpy May 24, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

congratulations on your award!

Cats are ok, as long as they belong in someone elses home!

Chris and Ricky May 24, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

Your seven agility facts were very interesting! And mom likes cats (she used to have two) but I only like to bark and bark at them!

AC May 24, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

Your seven facts show how far you two have come! I think that Master agility champion title will be yours one day!

Cats are so fun in their own way! My kitty is 18 and she still has frisky moments. She'll also still try to take off my hand if I irritate her.

Two French Bulldogs May 24, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

Yippee..an award. Congratulations
Benny & Lily

Rebecca May 24, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

We love your seven things! It is nice to learn more about Marge - I don't know that much about agility, I'm going to have to get a book on it, maybe put some of Daisy's energy to work!
Rebecca & Daisy Mae

The Army of Four May 24, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

Congrats on the award! And we loved your 7 items.
Very cute kitties! Did Marge get to help watch them?
Play bows,
Zim

BRUTUS May 24, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

Great idea to do all agility facts! I officially wager that #7 will come true :)
So what did Marge do while you were kitty-sitting??

Michelle

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! May 25, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

Khongrats on your pawesome award!

As fur the khats...

Nom
Nom
Nom

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Kathy Mocharnuk May 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

Great post and it is amazing to see how much Marge has grown just since I have been following her! She is AMAZING! I love watching kitties, my dogs like watching kitties, LOL, wish we had more room, I would love more kitties, but unfortunately my dogs would love more kitties too...and I am sure they would enjoy torturing more kitties-they say Hey, why rent sheep mom, just get kitties, LOL, so I love seeing kitty pictures, thanks for posting those.

Gus, Louie and Callie May 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Congrads on your award.. We think you do awesome in agility. So Marge what did you think of the house guests?

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP