Tuesday, June 22, 2010

An Ode to Louie

Agility class was rained out and aside from the start of our Rally Advanced class, I have no real Marge news to talk about.  It's been hot and humid, and I'll be bogged down with school stuff until Thursday.  So, I'll take this time to talk about someone else who is special in my life.

Tomorrow, June 23, is my third anniversary dating Louie.

I'm not a particularly sappy/romantic person person, but everyone should know how good Louie has been to me.  He lives an hour away, so when he's not at college, he'll drive to my house once a week (sometimes more) to see me.  Before he got to college, we saw each other only once a week.  Before he drove, he commuted three hours through crowded NYC and Long Island public transportation to get to my house.

On top of all of that, he has taken me to numerous agility trials, training classes, run-throughs, and the like, since I have yet to get my scaredy self behind the wheel on the highway.  He offers to.  If not for him, I would have only gone to one trial so far - the one that I drove to myself, the one that was 20 measly minutes from my house.  I guess you can say that he has made a lot of things possible for me.

Marge likes him, too.  Thank goodness.  He's just about the only guy that she likes.  She has good taste.  (And he's a good listener - the reason she likes him so much is because he allowed her to interact with him on her own terms.)



He tags along with me when I go for walks, go to training class, check my blog, and all of the other Marge stuff that I do while he's visiting.  Most of it, he even enjoys, except Rally - it's too slow for him.  He has made my interests his own interests.

He even attempted to create his own agility course the other day on Clean Run Course Designer.  How adorable is that?  Check out the 15-16 obstacle discrimination!  (Who wants to tackle THIS course?)


We have a happy, mature relationship.  It's amazing to see how we've grown together over time. I am lucky to have someone like this in my life. Thanks, Louie, for all that you do!

28 comments:

The Army of Four June 22, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

We LOVE Louie!!! Happy anniversary!
Love,
The Yammer

Cyndi and Stumpy June 22, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

Louie is our favorite videographer! Happy anniversary!

AC June 22, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

I'm glad you have someone like Louie in your life (and we all appreciate his videos) because if he wasn't an amazing guy you'd have a whole gang of bloggers' dogs chasing him away ;) So glad that won't have to happen!

Three cheers for Louie!

KB June 22, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

You're right - Marge has good taste!!! You're very lucky to have found Louie - guys like him are very rare. I definitely couldn't do that course that he created... he's learned to make a very tough course!

And, he'll even let you mention him in your blog. My husband of 22 yrs has told me that he wants to stay out of my blog as much as possible. That's why it appears that our black lab appears and then disappears from my bike rides randomly from day-to-day. I'm not allowed to tell you that he did or didn't run with my husband! One person emailed me off-line to ask what happened to R, whether he was being neglected. I had to chuckle! No dogs are neglected in our house.

Happy Anniversary!!!!

BRUTUS June 22, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

How wonderful for both of you! Hey, I think Louie might have designed some of the courses at my last trial - they looked an awful lot like that!

Congrats on three yeas, cheers to many more!
Michelle

houndstooth June 22, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

Aww! Happy Anniversary! My husband and I both had to pass each other's current dog tests when we started dating. His really liked me and he was one of the very few people that my family dog would let pet her! I knew he was a keeper then!

Life With Dogs June 22, 2010 at 11:54 PM  

♥ x10!

Stella June 23, 2010 at 12:55 AM  

When every day is Valentine's Day.
Lucky Sam . . .Lucky Louie . . . Lucky Marge!

Kisses,
Stella

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! June 23, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

My mom understands!

Her life changed inkhredibly on 10/15/04 so we understand!

I hope woo get khake SO we khan celebrate fur woo AND Rocky!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Martha June 23, 2010 at 4:39 AM  

Happy Anniversary - that pic of the two of you is just lovely.
You both look so very happy - of course the biggest compliment is that Marge likes Louie!
We dogs are such excellent judges of character.
love and kisses
Martha and Bailey xxx

Sara June 23, 2010 at 5:52 AM  

Happy Anniversary!

Chris and Ricky June 23, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

Happy Anniversary! That is an adorable photo of the two of you!

That's one very wicked tunnel/dogwalk discrimination! I sure hope Louie doesn't decide he wants to be an agility judge! LOL!

Rebecca June 23, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

Happy Anniversary! My Mom always said that if the dogs dont like him, he can't date my daughter. haha. We are glad that Marge likes him.
Rebecca & Daisy Mae

Poochie Freak Pet Photography June 23, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

Happy Anniversary :-)

Louie sounds like a great guy - and I'm sure he's lucky to have you in his life too ;-)

Angela (Minnie-Moo's Mum)
x

Dawn June 23, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

Well Happy Anniversary to you two!!! Make sure Marge takes you guys out to eat to celebrate! LOL

Diana June 23, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Sounds like you found a keeper. Happy Anniversary! Diana

Jules June 23, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

Awww!! Super sweet. I am happy you have such a great partner in your life.

SissySees June 23, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

Happy anniversary! Love the photo of the two of you.

Kathy Mocharnuk June 23, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

Happy Anniversary you guys! Louie sounds like a really GREAT guy, and so good he gets the big Marge seal of approval-that says a lot-hope you guys get to go and do something special today!

Lorenza June 23, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

Happy Anniversary!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous June 24, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Oh no! I missed your anniversary yesterday but I still want to say "Happy Anniversary!" It sounds like Louie is prolly one of the best guys ever and you're one of the best girls ever and so you make one of the best couples ever! I hope you had a really happy day!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Roxanne @ Champion of My Heart June 24, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

All hail, Louie! A man among boyfriends. Happy Date-a-versary.

Carolyn June 25, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

Dogs are the best judge of character! Sounds like you have a keeper!!

:)

-C

Cinnamon and Mint June 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

Happy Anniversary!! What a lovely guy Louie is!!

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly June 26, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

Congratulations on your anniversary!!

Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three

Muttsandaklutz June 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

What a sweet piece to write for your anniversary. Louie sounds like a wonderful guy, and you two look very happy together. From the photos, he looks like he has a calming energy, which must be super for Marge. Happy anniversary to you both.

Golden Samantha June 28, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

Awwwww - GREAT photo at bottom! Happy Anniversary to you and romantic IS all it's cracked up to be! He sounds so perfect!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and family

Kari in Alaska July 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

happy anniversary! He sounds like a great guy

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP