Monday, May 30, 2011

An Assortment of Things


My Anatomy and Physiology final came and went on Thursday.  A few hours after the test, I went home and checked to see if my grade was posted online.  I scored a 94.7 on the exam which is worth 1/3 of my overall grade, and, in addition, my lab grade of a 95.7 was posted.  This brought my over all grade up in to the 90s, and guess what.. I'm pretty much certain that I pulled off the A in the course that I wanted.  My disappearance on MargeBlog wasn't for nothing!

As you might have guessed, that's not the end of things for me.  Starting Wednesday, I'll be tackling the second half of Anatomy and Physiology until July 26.  In addition, I'll be working on TWO projects with one of my professors (details eventually - but yes, still in the pigeon lab) through July as well.  I'll also be accumulating some more outpatient (so much fun) and inpatient (not so much fun) volunteer hours for my eventual application to physical therapy school.  Oh, and that nice thing called the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is coming up on July 16, and I sorely need to broaden my vocabulary.

Our Memorial Day weekend was pretty nice.  Though I had plans to take Marge to parks and beaches and all that fun stuff, the heat, as well as just exhaustion from being busy with life, kept me home.  We did walk a number of times each day, though, in the field across the street (where the above photo was taken).  I was surprised to see Marge willing to run zoomies in the humid, sticky weather.  I guess the fact that she was cooped with little to do in the preceding days was really showing.

On Saturday night, two long time friends stopped by.  Because the rest of my summer is going to be quite busy and also because I truly have not seen my friends as much as I should/would like to, I reached out to a lot of people this weekend, wanting to catch up.  So, two of my male friends came over to hang outside in my yard late Saturday night.  I put Marge in her crate in the basement with a meatball-stuffed Kong for the first bit of their visit, but ultimately decided to take her out.  Though initially a little cautious, she warmed up relatively quickly and even jumped up to plant a slobbery kiss on the face of one of my friends.  When I put her back inside the house, she protested by scratching at the door.  So, she hung out with us for a couple of hours.

That's a quick recap of what's been going on.  Stay tuned for an agility update in the very near future.  We have a trial this weekend and some things are going to be brand new for both Marge and I and it's VERY exciting.  (Hint: can you say "slumber party?")

15 comments:

Diana May 31, 2011 at 5:39 AM  

That's quit an achievement ,getting that A? Congrats! I'm glad you got to catch up with friends.

Chris and Ricky May 31, 2011 at 6:46 AM  

Congratulations on doing so well at school and having some fun with friends too! Glad Marge was able to hang out with you too!

Kathy Mocharnuk May 31, 2011 at 6:58 AM  

WHOO HOOOO an A in that class is an accomplishment, I remember Anatomy and physio -very challenging ;-). Marge is just like a fixed dog, it has to make you feel so good knowing where she came from and how now she just sounds like an everyday well adjusted dog, you have done good work as has Marge!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ May 31, 2011 at 7:27 AM  

Congrats on doing so well on your final - that is not an easy course. Good luck with the busy summer.

Congrats to Marge - she is a sweetheart.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Unknown May 31, 2011 at 7:40 AM  

Congratulations on getting the A!!! Those subjects sound cool and difficult to me, gosh! I don't think I can manage any one of them at all, LOL!!!
Glad you had some good time with friends too.
Marge is a sweetie, she might be really happy to get back your full attention on her again.

Tucker The Crestie May 31, 2011 at 10:07 AM  

Congratulations!!!!

Cyndi and Stumpy May 31, 2011 at 11:37 AM  

Congratulations to both you and Marge!

Truly thrilling! both your grade in Anatomy and Physiology and marge hanging out with you and your friends. You've come a long way, Baby!

Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
Stumpy and me

andrea May 31, 2011 at 11:38 AM  

I'm so PROUD of you :)

and, of course, being an addict and all, can't w3ait for an agility report :)

Sheltie Times May 31, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

Wow quite the accomplishment. Good luck on part 2.

Kari in Alaska May 31, 2011 at 2:48 PM  

Congrats on the A! Best of luck with part 2 :)

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Muttsandaklutz May 31, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

WOW - big congrats on those grades!! Gotta love it when hard work pays off in spades like that!

Never Say Never Greyhounds May 31, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

Congrats on the well deserved A... unlike the time I took Intro to Spanish in college after I took 3 years of Spanish in high school. That was just an easy A. :-)

Lorenza May 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Congratulations!
Sure you are doing it pawesome!
Glad you had fun with your friends and Marge enjoyed being around them!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sue June 1, 2011 at 11:43 AM  

You and Marge are both making great progress. Congrats on your grades and Marge, keep up the good work in the social skills area.

KB June 1, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

Great work in Anat and Physiol. That's a tough course at every school, from what I hear.

I'm happy to hear of Marge's continued progress with feeling more comfortable around strangers!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP