Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Whiskered One


I thought I'd post a quick update about my cat, Layla, who, as you know, has been battling some health issues for the past year.

Over all, she's doing quite well.  She is on 90 mg of Denosyl (a liver protectant supplement) every morning, and .35 cc of Prednisone every evening (a very small dose for keeping any inflammation she may have in her intestines to a minimum).

Lately, she has been turning up her food and even seemed to drop a bit of weight again.  I thought the worst, but when I offered her a can of food from PetCo as opposed to a smaller pet store in my area this evening, she wolfed it down.  Despite the fact that it's the exact same brand of food, there appears to be something different about the pet store cans.  I'll listen to what she's telling me and buy only PetCo cans from now on.  Maybe the ones from the pet store weren't stored properly (according to the expiration date, they have another two years before they expire...).

She's going to eventually need to go back to the vet for a recheck, but weighing her is the most important thing.  So, I'm probably going to bring her along when I pick up her dry prescription food (which she just kind of picks at nowadays) just to be weighed.  I'm not in a hurry to get her in for another exam, as she is stable and was really stressed out at the last couple of vet visits.

She spent some time in my room with me this weekend and pretty much purred continuously the entire time, despite me dressing her up in flowers.  I love little moments like this. :)

12 comments:

Sara June 1, 2011 at 5:45 AM  

Glad Layla is hanging in there and content.

Cyndi and Stumpy June 1, 2011 at 9:24 AM  

I'm so glad to hear Layla is doing well!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ June 1, 2011 at 9:52 AM  

We have been wondering how Layla was doing. That is interesting about the cans. Maybe that is why Phantom will eat his canned prescription food one day and the next turn his nose up to it. Good to see her looking so well.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Unknown June 1, 2011 at 9:54 AM  

Thanks for sharing the latest news of Layla. I miss her!

Kathy Mocharnuk June 1, 2011 at 10:09 AM  

Layla looks great, and very happy ;-), glad you posted an update!

Tucker The Crestie June 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

Layla, you look so lovely in your flowers!

Sue June 1, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

We're so glad to hear the Layla is doing well. She looks good wrapped in flowers.

Golden Samantha June 1, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

So glad to land back in blogland and find you in our comments and also find out how well Layla's doing - she sure is beautiful - especially in the lovely flowery lei!!! Looked through one post back and want to send huge congrats on your A in what for Momma, would be an impossible class! What a genius you are! And hard worker as well, we know... that's taking on a lot to continue through summer, esp. in hothothot NY!!!
Hugs xoxoox
Sammie, Avalon and Oz

Natasha June 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM  

She's such a pretty girl! I'm so glad that she's doing well.

KB June 1, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

That's great news. And, a beautiful photo (that last one)!

Lorenza June 1, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

I am happy to know she is doing well.
Glad she liked the other canned food.
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

LauraK June 2, 2011 at 8:16 AM  

I'm so glad that she is doing well- she looks like she needs a Hawaiian vacation! Too cute!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP