Monday, January 2, 2012

By Land And By Sea

It seems like forever since I've posted photos of any of Marge's outings.  Sometimes it seems like forever since I've taken her on any!

Fortunately, we've actually been able to find some time to have some fun lately.  Just before Christmas, we went for a long walk on the beach.   Nothing about the day suggested it was winter - the sun was shining and it was relatively warm.


Marge frequently gets the freedom of her 20 or 50 foot long line at places such as the beach, thanks to  our seclusion from roads, other people and dogs, as well as her reliability.  I occasionally drop the line altogether and let her burn some steam off by running around me.  Goodness knows she needs it.

When I call her to come back to me, I'm met with a face like this, expecting treats.  Even without the treats, Marge is very attentive to me and I'm so thankful for that.


About a week later, on New Year's Eve, Louie & I went for a hike with my good friend and her dogs, Spirit and Bailey.  Marge absolutely LOVES their company.  I used to often complain that Marge didn't have many doggy friends.. but if she gets to see these two every once in a while, it makes me feel better.  (We actually went on a hike with them today, too, but I've got no pics to show from that).

 She truly feeds off of their confident and friendly personalities when she is with them.


At the top of the trail, the three posed together for a quick pic.


Unfortunately, the dogs weren't the only ones hiking with us, it seems.  After we returned that evening, I could have sworn that I felt something on Marge's neck.  I looked, but didn't find anything.  However, today, I felt it again, and did a little more investigating.  I discovered an attached, but not engorged, tick.  I yanked it off, applied some antibiotic ointment, and checked thoroughly for more (and found none), but now I've got the heeby jeebies!

I've got some free time tomorrow, and I'm thinking maybe we'll head to the beach this time.  I shouldn't have to deal with ticks in December!

5 comments:

houndstooth January 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM  

Another blog I follow found ticks after their New Year's Day hike! I guess it just hasn't been cold enough to kill them off yet. Ugh!

On the upside, your hike looks fantastic and it looks like Marge had a great time!

Kathy Mocharnuk January 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM  

yuck,I hate those ticks and they should not be bothering the beautiful Marge for goodness sakes. She looks marvelous with her doggie friends, she has just come so far, it is always so cool to see that!!!!!!

KB January 5, 2012 at 8:57 PM  

It's cool to see the leash off Marge sometimes. That shows me how far she's come!!!!

Ticks at this time of year! That's crazy... I used to not get upset about them but K is now deathly allergic to them so she has to wear a tick collar etc.

Keep having fun with Marge!

PoochesForPeace January 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM  

i hate ticks!!! hate them hate them hate them! But i love that last pic on this post :) so cute!

PoochesForPeace January 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM  

i just tried to post a comment but i dont think it worked...it just said...I HATE TICKS! lol. but that last pic on this post is adorable!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP