Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Well Wishes and Short Teeter Update

We're sending our very best get-well wishes to Lilly from Champion of My Heart as well as the handsome mister Corbin (from the blog named for him).  Both are dealing with acute medical issues right now and we urge you to go over there and lend your support.

Don't forget to visit K, either, whose journey living with osteosarcoma is an ongoing, up-and-down theme in her life. We're happy to report she's doing really well and received some good news yesterday.

Marge says, we hate to hear about other dogs being sick.
Today, I finally made the hour-long trek to train on *the* teeter that Marge despises so much, which also happens to be the one that she encounters 9 times out of 10 at shows.  I'm happy to report that she performed it every single time without any fear, and was pretty quick about doing it, too.

She had a great time and was very curious about the horses in the field across the street (if only she wasn't so afraid of them up close, I could bring her with me when I go ride).   I really like the instructor and hope to train with her again soon.  She was really instrumental in helping Marge get over this new teeter issue in the first place, back in October, by offering to have us come to her class and let us use the equipment we need.

I'm planning another trip to another training facility next week to continue to diversify the equipment on which she trains and environments in which she practices in preparation for our next show in two weeks.

6 comments:

Deborah February 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM  

Yeah,another show! Marge must be so awesome at these shows!
Have a great rest of week!
xxoo
Deborah

Amy / Layla the Malamute February 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM  

Yay Marge! I'm glad you had a good lesson.

One day please come to our training building too! If you can't do Thursdays, the building is open to rentals often and you and I can just split the time. I need as much practice as I can get. Where are you going next week?

Sara February 2, 2012 at 6:06 AM  

What lily is going thru is so heartbreaking and scary. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Good luck with your teeter training. Sounds like Marge did great!

Kathy Mocharnuk February 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM  

whooo hooooo good job taking charge of that teeter Marge!!!

Kari in Alaska February 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM  

So man sick pups, we are sending love

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

andrea February 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM  

I'm so sorry about the sick dogs :(
always tough ...

so glad to hear the teeter trip went well - and LOVE the new header :)

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP