Saturday, April 4, 2009

Playdate


I'm so happy that Marge finally got to have a playdate with Buddy. They ALWAYS see each other on leash, but our schedules never seem to coincide for actual offleash play in the backyard. Thursday, it finally happened. Buddy likes to play hard to get and wanted nothing to do with Marge's playbows and paw swats, but once I got her running in typical go-Marge-go fashion, they sprinted lap after lap around the pool. Out came the sighthound. They make an interesting couple. Both of them were exhausted afterwards.

I wish there were more people and dogs available in the area to have play dates with. Marge loves it. And since she loves it, I love it.

Week 8 tomorrow of Beginner 2. Can't believe we're done with it. We'll be moving outside to the Agility Field in just a couple of weeks, hopefully.. and the CGC is two weeks from tomorrow.

I guess I've slackened a bit on the CGC stuff. I've been practicing the heeling pattern every day, and some out of sight stays to aid with the supervised separation. She's been pretty good about letting new people pet her, but I haven't been actively seeking such situations as much as I have been before. I *think* she'll be okay. I really just want to get it over with. I feel like I've been waiting forever!

1 comments:

NCmountainwoman April 4, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

You bring back training memories as we went through training first with Ellie and then with Lucy. I love reading about Marge. Good luck!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP