Monday, April 6, 2009

We're Finished!

Last night was week 8 of Obedience 2, so the next time we'll be at the training hall is for the Canine Good Citizen.

She was fine for parts 1, 2, and 3. Petting isn't much of an issue anymore. The paws/brush MIGHT be a little sticky during the actual test, but I'm hoping that the evaluator will be one of the trainers she already knows. As long as nothing weird happens, she should be able to pass those portions without a problem.

Heeling was fine. Reaction to another dog was fine. Reaction to distractions was PHENOMENAL. Sit/Down/Stay/Come were all perfect. Crowd won't be a problem either.

The crux of our training, now, will be supervised separation. I did NOT realize how not-privvy Marge was to me leaving. All the other times we practiced, I went into the bathroom of the training hall. This time, I went out the front door.. and oh God, did she whine. She pulled toward the door, and then stopped when Susan told her to sit. But she was not happy about it.

We tried it a second time and I stayed outside for a shorter time, came back and jackpotted her. That went much better. I wish we would have had more time to practice it at the actual hall. But I'll get inventive and find other suitable places.

So we've got a lucky 13 days left. I am really going to work to get her OK for Test #10. She can do this!

1 comments:

Champion of My Heart April 7, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

I could kick myself for not getting Lilly's CGC when when she was younger, before things really went south.

Ah, well. Live and learn.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP