Monday, August 24, 2009

Destruction and Dilapidation


It started out innocently enough, with Marge chasing her toy as I threw it around the yard.
But, sure enough, chasing turned into tugging..

And tugging led to this..


Which led to this..

I usually don't allow Marge to rip up her toys and have patched up some of them on numerous occasions, but this one was so far gone that I took the squeeker out and let her pull out the stuffing. She doesn't eat it, but really gets great joy for some reason in gutting the toy.

So, Marge won this time. Good thing we get our toys cheap!

We had a weird day today. Lots of short walks, with the first being better than the other two. She was mildly frightened on our walk around 4:30 and also on our walk around 7; however, the incidents were isolated and she seemed to bounce back decently. She has gotten much better in terms of walking near people playing sports in the field, so that's a plus. She also made a turn on her own terms onto a sidestreet, where I let her sniff a tree and then called it quits. Oh, I also lost my keys in the grass, so I brought Marge home (the field was too busy to continue walking her), waited for someone else to come home to let her inside, and then had to go back out and retrace my steps with my mother and my sister in the fading light. I found them just as the sun was going down, luckily.

More on walks n' stuff (minus the losing keys part) tomorrow for Tuesday Training.. oh, and we're going back to Agility after yet another two-week layoff. Woohoo!

8 comments:

bordergirlsmom Kathy August 24, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

oooh dear it is all fun until the stuffing starts coming out, LOL....well, guess that looked like a lot of fun for Marge too, she is a dog that knows how to enjoy herself I would say. Glad the walks went well, sounds like all in all a terrific thing that she bounced back so quickly, what a good girl Marge is!!!

Ms. ~K August 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

That's why we never get stuffies!!!
We enjoyed our visit to your doggie bloggie!

Dexter August 25, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

You didn't eat the stuffing? That is the best part.

Hey Marge, we might need to do some of that training stuff. I have started being a little shy when I meet people on walkies. Momma thinks I need to socialize more. Well, if it means more time with her, I am there.

Kisses,
Dexter

Astrid Keel August 25, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

BOL! I love to tear out the stuffing too...My momster grumbles that I do it just to empty her wallet, but I don't listen to her...

Hope your day goes well!

Sue August 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Some of mine love to rip the toys open and distribute the stuffing. They still play with the destuffed toy for a long time so I guess it's ok.

BRUTUS August 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Another stuffie bites the dust. My brother Mason & I have done in quite a few; our tug-of-war sessions can be pretty intense. Mom takes them upstairs for surgery sometimes, but has had to retire quite a few lately due to what she calls "career ending injuries". Just make sure you keep a few in tact for future playing & cuddling needs!!

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

Cinnamon and Mint August 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

Who can resist tearing a stuffed toy?

Cinnamon needs more socialization too, especially on the lead. At first I thought that she was barking at other dogs from excitement, but it seems she often does that from fear and anxiety.

Ann August 27, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

What a beautiful dog! Glad you are giving her a new life.

My last Golden, he would rip open a stuffie, pull out the squeaker, then walk away.... "intruder killed", I guess! My current dog, she won't give any toys (even balls) the time of day - only likes her nylabones. Some 'retriever', eh?

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP