Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Marge's Mid-week Musings

Hallo. A very angry Marge here with today's post.

I have come here to tell you about the injustices I've suffered this week. Just lookit my face.. my mad face.. mad mad mad.. hmmph.

First of all, it has been much to warm for a dark doggy like myself. This means:

  • there are sticky things called humidities in the air, so my hooman doesn't want to walk me, which I do not like.
  • there are no gilities being run, which I do not like.
  • there are booms in the air - I think my hooman calls it "thundar" - which I do not like! But today she bribed me with some treats and at least we got to play the flying kibbles game. This "thundar" is less scary to me when kibbles are flying. Go figure!

Also, my hooman is suffering from a disease known as "computer trouble." This disease makes her angry when she sits in front of the big box with the letter pad that she uses to type up MargeBlog posts. That's why I took over this week! I am sad to see my hooman act like this, but she assures me she's backed up all 1,500 pictures (yes there are about that many of just me) that she has of my pretty Marge mug so they will be safe forever, and the disease will be over soon. She says the computer needs to be "wiped out" for everything to be fixed. I wonder if that's the machine version of spaying and neutering? EEK!

Lastly, my hooman teased me with a very brief visit to the park last night. We don't get to go to the park as much anymore because of the humidities. Being there was kind of sad :( because they told me I wasn't going to be able to stay long because it was getting dark out. And, to top it off.. my hooman pulled me away when I tried to roll in a gorgeous, ginormous pile of horse poop! That is just not right!

We stopped in Petsmart too while we were out, where I got pats on the head from a nice lady - my hooman says it reminded her of when I took the See-Gee-See fearful dog bravery test and it made her happy. I also got some stuff for home, but not nearly enough. When they only spend $9 on me, I know something is wrong. One bag of treats and one squeaky toy just does NOT cut it!

My hooman tells me I need to look on the bright side of things instead of yackin' about the bad stuff.. but c'mon, 'tis a hard life for a dog like me.. all we can hope is that next week is better. More gilities, less humidities, no computer troubles and lots of treats. My hooman will be back soon with a "regular" blog update... worth reading, but certainly not as interesting as mine are!

10 comments:

bordergirlsmom kathy August 19, 2009 at 2:13 AM  

OH MAN that just all sounds totally not fair, so sorry about the injustices of the week, my doggies are all sitting here totally understanding what you are talking about for sure!!!!!

Dexter August 19, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

We are having hot and humid here too. I still get walkies, but not for as long or with any great vigor. I hope it ends soon.

Good luck with your pooter. When Momma's started to die she junked it and bought something called an iMac! We love it!

Kisses,
Dexter

BRUTUS August 19, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Yep, it's an epidemic - hot & sticky here too!! Tell you mom to check out CleanRun.com - it's an agilities site. They carry some really nice cool coats (like the one I wore to the dog fair last weekend) that really help keep me much cooler ( I suffer from the blackness problem too). Then maybe you can get her to take you for more walkies again :)

Snorts-
Brutus

Martha August 19, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

We have been thinking of starting a doggie union for just such injustices Marge!
Let us know if you want to join so we can be a united force to be reckoned with.
Sorry about your human's computer problems - that makes them especially grumpy!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Astrid Keel August 19, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Marge, you should mount a revolution and take over the 'puter! I am sure the computer was revolting against your mommy and that's why it stopped working... I mean, there can be no other logical reason for 'puter problems, right?

My momster is a wimp when it comes to hoomidities, and so she wakes me up at the crack of dawn to go walkies; and then, she waits till the crack of the moon to take me walkie again! Urgh

(Oh, and Marge, your secret is safe wif me... I know you're just pretending to be scared of the big boom booms 'cause you know you can get yummy kibbles out of your hooman!!)

Lurves,
Brownie

Sue August 19, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Boy Marge, things just aren't going your way. But wait, we bet everything will get better soon. Fall is coming with cooler weather and leaves to play in. Then winter with snow to roll in and jump in. We're taking extra naps now to store up energy for all the serious play that's ahead.

Shadowsky August 19, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

Thanks for the update, Marge! Sorry to hear things aren't going your way. But I bet the humidities will be gone soon and you'll be back on your way to agility in no time!

Cinnamon and Mint August 19, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

When things are bad, what happens next will always be better!

PoochesForPeace August 20, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

Oh no Marge! Hope everything gets better soon!
Shadow is getting fixed Friday and I was thinking of going to the pet store to get her some post-surgery stuff. Thoughts?

Bijou August 20, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Hi Marge,

So sorry you are having so many troubles. The weather will hopefully get better for you soon and I'm sure the computer will get fixed too. It's tough being a doggy sometimes. Just hang in there and the treats will come.

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP