Wednesday, January 26, 2011

We've Got Puppies

I had another post scheduled for today, but it can wait.  I received something special this week, and am excited and want to share it with you all!

This beautiful, hand-knitted, stack of pups was sent to me by Sue from The Portuguese Water Blog.  She sent them to me in celebration of Marge's big 2010, where we accomplished a lot of great things.



There is some backstory, here.  I thought that Sue was sending me a simple Christmas card.  However, it never arrived.  So, I asked Sue about it, and she told me that she did, indeed, send a package.

But, before I alerted her to the fact that I hadn't received anything, poor Sue probably thought that I had received it, but made no mention of it to her (which I would have never done - how incredibly rude that would have been!).

Anyway, long story short, the mystery package finally got here, somehow, after several weeks.  In the box was a nice card and a cute disc toy for Marge (which she will sample when the snow melts), along with my personal favorite item, the hand-made pups.  I think they are absolutely adorable, pudgy little guys!  And they are SO soft.

Marge was interested in them, too.  She thought that they were for playing.  She promptly knocked the poor guys over.


They're too special for her to put her grubby mouth all over, though, so they're safe and sound, high up where she can't reach them, on display (see the first photo).  Of course, I did pose her just once with them before moving them to their new home:


Thank you so very much, Sue, for your thoughtful gift.  It's so nice to have such a caring (and talented) friend.. and proof that blogs can far transcend the pictures and posts.

I'd better go sneak in a snuggle with those pups now.. it sure is cold here in NY.

24 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie January 26, 2011 at 7:02 PM  

Those are soooooo cute!!! I love the colors. I wouldn't want to get them dirty either!!!

Chris and Ricky January 26, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

What a neat gift! Those puppies are adorable!

the teacher's pets January 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM  

What a thoughtful gift that Sue gave to Marge and I love the fact that Marge looks like she's sitting on top of the threesome in the last picture! Sue is a very thoughtful person and her blog is very sweet as well. We are lucky to have her in our world and we are lucky to have you in it too!

Sara January 26, 2011 at 7:48 PM  

Very cute! They look so soft. Gee, I'm glad they didn't get lost in the mail.

Diana January 26, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

Wow, those are great! What a wonderful gift!

Maggie Mae and Max January 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM  

Marge is a lucky pup, dat is a great gift from Sue! :)
Happy Wednesday!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Amy / Layla the Malamute January 26, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

Those are ADORABLE!! I'm jealous! That's such a wonderful gift.

Wyatt January 26, 2011 at 8:19 PM  

What a special pressie! To nice to slobber on :)

Wyatt

Kristine January 26, 2011 at 8:28 PM  

These are so so adorable. What a thoughtful gift!! I am so glad you finally received them. Poor Marge looks very sad at not being able to chew them to bits. :-)

It is true. Blogs are far, far more than posts and photos. The people I have met online have been an amazingly supportive foundation.

Yay for puppies!

Sue January 26, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

I'm so glad they finally arrived. Just remember that you have friends who appreciate and support you. When you're going into the ring and the nerves start acting up, remember that we're all with you.
Sue

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ January 26, 2011 at 8:42 PM  

Sue does such nice work - those pups are just too cute. Hope they help keep you warm. Marge looks very proud of them.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

andrea January 26, 2011 at 8:58 PM  

SO CUTE!!!!!

Amy / Layla the Malamute January 26, 2011 at 9:01 PM  

PS ~ I know you're super busy, and you don't have to participate, but I passed on a Stylish Blogger Award to you.

KB January 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM  

That is wonderful! Those pups are so cute. Sue is right - you and Marge made huge strides in 2010. How very nice of her celebrate it that way!

Kari in Alaska January 26, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

Those puppies are cute

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Two French Bulldogs January 26, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

Awesome, we love them
Benny & Lily

Kathy Mocharnuk January 26, 2011 at 9:45 PM  

hahahaha, I saw the title of your post when I was clicking to come here and I thought WHATTTTT???? Puppies????? hehehehehehehe, those are so cute and now the title all makes sense!!! What a lovely gift and how thoughtful!

ForPetsSake January 26, 2011 at 10:00 PM  

What a wonderfully thoughtful gift - I'd love to be talented enough to make goodies like those. I think stuffies must be hard to make...

Such a nice "thank you" post!

Lorenza January 26, 2011 at 11:15 PM  

They are pawesome!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Cyndi and Stumpy January 27, 2011 at 1:01 AM  

If those little stackable pups were any cuter, they would be as cute as Marge!

Unknown January 27, 2011 at 3:52 AM  

Wow! They're beautiful!!
Care to send one to Eva? LOL :D

Anonymous January 27, 2011 at 5:49 AM  

Marge! Those are the cutest puppies! And the best part? They won't pee in your house!

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Anonymous January 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM  

Awwww...what a good furend you have! Those pups are SO cute! They look very cuddly. But are you suuuure they're not meant to be destuffed?

Oh, and I wanted to thank you, thank you for coming to my Commentathon pawty today. Whew! I've had so much fun and we're raising lots of green papers cuz of good furends like you!

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

Golden Samantha January 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM  

Those are adorable!!! Did Sue make them??? I don't blame you for cuddling up with them in the cold we're hearing about back there! You DID have a huge 2010 - and it's wonderful to make a different sort of connection with blog pals besides pix and type! You're absolutely right!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie, Avalon, Oz and Mom

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP