Monday, March 29, 2010

Back to School

..the good kind of school!


Our day today went pretty well. We had a very short lesson with Marisa, which was honestly less about Marge doing agility and more about me staying calm and handling her effectively with our trial looming just a few days away. We didn't do any contact obstacles other than the teeter and table. She didn't massage Marge, but she felt her hip and said it felt a whole lot less tight than last week. In fact, she didn't remember which rear leg it was and couldn't tell, either, since Marge was standing square, moving fine and not giving any clues as to where the injury was.

Since I essentially got the A-OK on Marge's leg, we hung around for class. Marge waited in a crate while the main room was being used by other people getting a lesson. She did pretty well. She did puff up and grumble when another club member came in with her enormous (and loud, if I dare say) Rottweiler, but I was not surprised by that. I covered her crate to give her more privacy and there was no problem.

When it was time for class to begin, I took her into another section of the building and ran her around a little bit to get her warmed up. I'm trying to really be vigilant about not running her cold. We went through our small repertoire of stretches several times, too.

This was the set up, and we worked on some of this during our lesson as well.


Sequence One (White Circles)
  • Led out to in front of the tire, kind of pushed her through the serpentine and then pulled her to the teeter.
  • I front crossed the teeter; I could have front crossed before it, but front crossing after it gives Marge more courage (since the teeter is still scary sometimes).
  • Used my inside arm to guide her over 5 and 6 and then pulled her back to the table.
  • Had some trouble with the weaves tonight but I think it was my fault. I led out too far from the table and I think I crammed her space, so she entered at the second pole a couple of times. Once I gave her room, we had no problems (even though she was weaving into a corner!).
  • I faded from the end of the weaves a bit. Getting into the tunnel was no problem, nor was taking the triple and swinging back through the tunnel down the line.
Sequence Two (Black Circles)
  • Had Marge on my right up until the table. No real problems there.
  • Led out over jump 6 from the table and got her in the tunnel. Once she committed to the tunnel, I did a landing-side front and then kept her on my right up until the teeter.
  • Front crossed the teeter (again), pushed out to broad jump, pulled to the final jump.
Neither course was all that hard. I kind of liked that there were less obstacles out, which made for more room in between obstacles.

Sorry about no pics or video - I was all by myself. I am sure Friday will make up for it, with (hopefully) two videos and a lot of photos from the trial. It was a good day, though -- we didn't do too much, left out the hard stuff (contacts), and Marge's leg seems fine so far.

So now, no more agility until Friday at the trial. I can't believe it - our AKC debut is just days away!

20 comments:

Sara March 29, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

I'm so happy that you two are back in the game.

Don't spend all week worrying about the trial. You and Marge are going to do great!

Chris and Ricky March 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

I agree with Sara!

Good luck on Friday - we are really looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing the video! Have fun!

Jules March 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

I am so gload Marisa thought Marge felt fine. Hooray!!

Cyndi and Stumpy March 29, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

Yay for marge feeling good!

Boo for no pictures or video. If Louie needs bribing or a threatening phone call let me know.

Just kiddin' Louie! We all know your awesome!

Kari in Alaska March 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Holy moly! Congrats on going back to school!

♥ Sallie March 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Good luck!

AC March 29, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

I'm not going to be able to wait for your trial post! I'm excited for you guys. I hope you're able to really enjoy yourself and your time with Marge. What a huge accomplishment just for making it there!

Muttsandaklutz March 29, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

I'm excited for you too :-) Enjoy the whole experience - you and Marge are a wonderful team.

houndstooth March 29, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

You'll do great at the trial! We hope you have tons of fun!

kissa-bull March 29, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

yay YOUR Back and better than ever
pibble sugars and wee wags
the pittie pack

Kathy Mocharnuk March 29, 2010 at 11:48 PM  

I am so happy about Marge looking great and sounds like you had an awesome practice. You will ROCk at your trial, you are prepaired and your guys are an awesome team.

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS March 30, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

Hey Marge,

Glad you are back in the groove of things again!

Luv,
Riley and Star.

Natasha March 30, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

Good luck at that trial!! I can't wait to hear about it!

BRUTUS March 30, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

Glad to hear Marge is back in to form. I bet she'll really surprise you (in a GOOD way) at the trial. Just remember to have fun, and I'm sure your'll be great!

Michelle

Cinnamon and Mint March 30, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

I am glad to hear that your training has been going well and Marge's leg is OK now.

Anonymous March 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

Oh, I'm all kinds of excited that Marge is all better in time for her first trial! She's gonna be a superstar! Wait. I take that back. She already IS!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Gus, Louie and Callie March 30, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

We are so glad Marge is doing better. We are so rooting for you at the trial.. Go Marge go...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Roxanne @ Champion of My Heart March 30, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

Holy cow! Where did the time go? I cannot wait to hear how the trial goes. Best, best wishes from a couple of silly girls.

Lorenza March 30, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

Sure it was great to go back to school, right?
Glad Marge is feeling well!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Ruby and Penny March 31, 2010 at 7:31 PM  

Good luck at the trial & have fun too.
Love Ruby & Penny

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP