Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shoreside

My sister, Marge and I have gone on some picturesque walks this week. It's amazing that the days after such a strong storm could feature such perfect weather.


Our destination? The beach! We were so happy to see that our favorite stretch of beach was void of off leash dogs that could potentially cause a problem. The sand and balmy breeze beckoned to us, Marge included.


She eagerly posed atop a piece of cement, ruins from the buildings that used to stand at the shore. When the tide is high, some of these ruins are completely immersed in water. This makes me think that the water didn't always come up as high as it does now. The storm surges over the weekend exposed even more ruins that had previously been buried under sand dunes and beach grass. There is a lot of history hidden at this beach.


We moved on to a totally desolate area. Marge announced her presence to any passers-by who might have come along after us. Can you read what she wrote?


She had a burst of zoomies a few minutes later, and shot a million-dollar smile in my direction as my sister snapped a photo. She was having a grand time. Seeing this blissful expression on her face is one of the best things in the world.


Before we left, I had Marge pose in the middle of the huge sand wall that stands at the back of our beach. It isn't typically this vertical, but the storm took a chunk out of it. From the looks of it, the water from the ocean came up really high. There is sand - and lots of it - on the dead-end street adjacent to the beach as well. Kind of scary - I don't know how well the area will fare the next time a big storm hits.


Today, we went on almost an identical walk, but the camera was dead. Two hour-long walks on back-to-back days is something that doesn't happen often around here. And, I'm happy to report that they both went really well. It's nice to see my special girl enjoying the spring weather as much as everyone else is. We humans had a good time, too.

24 comments:

Two French Bulldogs March 17, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

What a beautiful day for a walk
Benny & Lily

Sara March 17, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

I'm glad Marge is still enjoying her walks, even though the weather is getting warmer. What a great smile she wore!

Frankie Furter and Ernie March 17, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

I saw it... MARGE WAS HERE !! I've gotta try that one when I go to my lake for the furst time this spring. Grrrreat walk Marge. Thanks for the idea.

houndstooth March 17, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

Wow! Bunny can read and type, but I don't think I've ever seen her write like that. Marge has talent! It looks like a great day for a walk!

Deborah March 17, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Hi Marge, what a great walk and two days in a row at the beach, We would LOVE that! Great pictures also!!!!
xxoo
Deborah

Kathy Mocharnuk March 17, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

wow, that looks awesome and Marge looked so happy-glad the storm was over.

Golden Samantha March 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

Wow! Looks like a fantabulous day for zoomies! Marge looks totally possessive of her concrete square and also looks as if the world is her oyster! Great happy zoomie smile!
Hugs xo
Sammie

Cyndi and Stumpy March 17, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

LOVE LOVE LOVE Marge's smile!

AC March 17, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

Yah for happy walks! That zoomies smile is perfect, and I love Marge's sand message. It's always so special for me to share fun and relaxing outings with my fearful pup. It seems like you've had some of those good moments this week.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR March 17, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

Woof! Woof! BEACH ... I'm a bit jealous. Glad you had such a wonderful FUN happy TIME. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! March 17, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

We have had some of the most bonus weather EVFUR!

Mom wrote to a furiend who khommented on the pikh we sent from our walk 'pawesome doesn't begin to desribe it'

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra O'Wise & Khousin Merdie O'Hennel

kissa-bull March 17, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

oh marge that weather looks so yummy
did you let them make you into a sand mummy?? do you know how to swim wiff the fishes??
happy st paddy's day
pibble sugars and wee wags
the pittie pack

Lorenza March 18, 2010 at 12:13 AM  

Glad you all had a great time there!
Marge sure enjoyed it a lot!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Martha March 18, 2010 at 4:15 AM  

Yes Marge you were there! We always love your beach posts - Marge clearly loves it and looks so happy.
We believe it is the perfect place for a relaxing walk for humans too.
Glad all has calmed down now after your scary storms.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Fred March 18, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

Awesome photos! Marge looks super happy! And she is learning to write very well.

SissySees March 18, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Marge looks so very happy! I'm hoping we have lots of good beach time with the fur-girls soon.

Natasha March 18, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

I'm glad everything is going so well! I wish we had a nice beach around here.

The Army of Four March 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

WOW! What fun! I LOVE that smile on Marge's face!!!
She has very good writing!
Play bows,
Zim

Anonymous March 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Oh, thank you SO much for taking me on your walkie with you! I've never been to the beach before but I have a feeling all that water might scares me just a little bit. How long did it take Marge to write that message in the sand?

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

PeeS. I luvs Marge's smile!

Sue March 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

It sounds like a great place for a walk. I'd love to see the ruins. That stuff fascinates me.

Marge looks good.The winter was good for her.

Roxanne @ Champion of My Heart March 18, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

Heee ... Marge was here. Too cute.

Gus, Louie and Callie March 18, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

Oh what a beautiful walk you had.. That sure is a million dollar smile on Marge...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Maureen March 19, 2010 at 3:58 AM  

That is such an awesome photo of you and Marge. It is deserving of a fabulous frame and a place of prominence to display it. I love it!!

Muttsandaklutz March 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

I especially love that first shot. Marge's shadow is so cool, love that tail.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP