Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Weather Wallop


The snow has been around for so many days now that I can't even remember when these pictures were taken.  Yesterday, I guess?

We got 20+ inches here.. the 6th worst storm all-time in New York City.  Or, if Marge is keeping track, the 6th best storm in NYC history.

She did lots of hopping around in the field.  In the backyard, it was more of a climbing expedition than anything else.


Yep, no shoveling had to be done in my backyard, as snow drifts created a huge bare patch that makes pottying convenient.

Marge says, I peed, I pooped.  Now I have to POSE?!

The front of the house was another story, and my back is still out of whack from the amount of shoveling I did on Monday.  My dad has a snow blower (and probably clocked in about 12+ hours with it), but it's obviously ineffective for the house steps and underneath the tires of my car and stuff like that.

We did have one mishap.. I took Marge out for too, too long of a walk this afternoon around the perimeter of the field, thinking the road would be plowed (it wasn't) and walked so far that I was too exhausted to walk back.  Thankfully, I was very close to a main road, which made it easy for someone to come and pick me up (my dad).  Yeah.. not one of my brightest moments and I shudder to think about what I would have done if I didn't have my cell phone with me!  Marge enjoyed it, though.

I'm kind of ready for it all to go away now.  I like snow because Marge likes it and I'm weird in that I appreciate how full of wrath/power/beauty nature can be, but there is just SO much snow that walking Marge is going to be pretty darn hard for awhile.

19 comments:

Amy / Layla the Malamute December 29, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

I WISH we had a snowblower. They're so damn expensive, even used ones! But you're right, they can't be used everywhere. One side of our driveway is pavement and the other is rocks, so I doubt we could use it on the rocks. I'm going to try and get a used one this summer though, I'm worried Pat's going to be one of those guys that give themselves a heart attack shoveling. I figure if he can get such a horrible injury just chasing the dogs in the yard, he can have other freak accidents happen.

Glad Marge enjoys it though! The drifts didn't create a potty area in our yard yet, but it's supposed to warm up for New Years, so hopefully it'll melt quickly.

Chris and Ricky December 29, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

We thought of you when we saw all that snow on the news! Looks cool but hope it doesn't stick around long!

Wyatt December 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

Wow, your garage looks buried with snow! I wish you could share some of the extra snow you don't need...LOL

Wyatt

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ December 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

Look at all that snow!!! The Momster doesn't care much for snow, but we would be happy with even 1/4 of that amount. Looks like Marge is having a blast.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

houndstooth December 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

I like snow until December 26, then it can all melt away! lol Our girls loved playing in all our snow, too! Marge looks adorable out there!

Frankie Furter and Ernie December 29, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

Marge I can NOT imagine that ANYone would like that much snow. Whew! Mine is all melting today and tomorrow. I am pretty happy about it.
Glad that the snow monster managed to make a nice potty are fur you!! Most thoughtful. that never happens fur me.. My mom and dad always have to SHOVEL fur me.

Sue December 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

We want to come play in all that snow. We only got a trace.
Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

Two French Bulldogs December 29, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

The storm is crazy! Uncle got 17" in NJ. Nutty!
Benny & Lily

Anonymous December 29, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

HOLY CANNOLI! That is a LOT of snow! But I guess you already knew that, huh? I'm glad Marge is having a good time in it and I'm glad you didn't have to build you an igloo or something while you were on your walk. Can you believe that here in Collie-rado we've only got like 1/2 of one inch of snow?????

I sure hope you all had the Most Merriest Christmas That Ever Was!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Sara December 30, 2010 at 7:03 AM  

Marge looks like she is having a blast in the snow.

Hope you get a thaw soon.

Diana December 30, 2010 at 7:22 AM  

That is a lot of snow! You must have really walked a long way. I'm glad your dad could come get you. Diana

doberkim December 30, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

you guys got so much more snow than us, my dogs are completely jealous! our 20+ inches ended up 6-8 inches, and i can already see grass through the snow in the yard...

that's scary walking so far and being too tired - THANK GOD you have a phone! its my paranoia that would happen to me too, especially with a dog with heart disease...

LauraK December 30, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Love the new header picture! Marge sure looks like she's having a total blast in those drifts- I'm sure she's worn out after playing in them! Hopefully you are staying warm and cozy inside in the mean time :) Now send a little bit our way, would you? (But not too much!)

Cyndi and Stumpy December 30, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

I'm glad at least Marge is enjoying the snow. I remember how much fun snow was when I had dogs that loved it. maybe that will be it for the year!

Anna the GSD December 30, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

Wow, that's a lot of white stuff!! Pssst....don't let Khyra see this, or maybe you could mail her some?

You should make a snow dog!

Kathy Mocharnuk December 30, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

WOW, that is just hard to even imagine that snow! Be CAREFUL!

Gus, Louie and Callie December 30, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

Oh what fun Marge.. Looks like like lots of our blogger friends are getting snow even Stumpy... Poor Khyra..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

KB December 30, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

That's a lot of snow for the east coast. No wonder everything shut down! Great photos of Marge - I'm sure that she loves it!

My dad is now probably stuck in Chicago. This trip has been a disaster for him... Today it's storming in Denver so he had such delays that I'm almost certain that he'll have to spend the night in Chicago. Yuck!

Kari in Alaska January 2, 2011 at 7:54 PM  

Marge looks SUPER happy :)

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP