Monday, March 2, 2009

A Rather FROSTY Evening..


So doG went and had a foot of snow dumped on us. It was too much for Marge to try to eat, so I don't think she enjoyed it as much as she did all the other times. In some places, she was up to her knees.

She did play with her ball in the backyard a bit. It's still laying somewhere out there, completely covered up and hopefully not chewed up by the snowblower.

We tried going into Miller Field, but only stayed there about 5 minutes. Marge really wasn't having the whole "let me go and run around on my 20 foot leash like a maniac" thing today.

Marge growled at my dad last night. I think it was more of a grumble than anything, because it sounded pretty similar to what she does when he's giving her treats. At least no fights ensued this time, for the most part.

It may have been my fault - I grabbed Marge's collar when he got home. It might have wound her up. My guess is that it was just another once in a while kind of thing, and she'll be alright for some extended time period.

Obedience was pretty good last night. Most of what we practiced Marge already knows - finishing, heeling, and that kind of thing.

We do need to work on keeping attention despite distractions. The bag of Charlee Bears was enough to get her eyes goin' in another direction.

We also worked on approaching another handler/dog team, which Marge did well with. At the end of class, one of the instructors from last class came in (maybe to teach the next class?) and simply by holding up a treat and telling Marge to sit, she was able to pet her. I don't know who the woman is (I know lots of faces, but few names at obedience) but I remember in Beginner 1 that she scared Marge and Marge growled at her. So this was an improvement. She wagged her tail at her this time.

We are getting closer and closer to the CGC. Marge has progressed, but I'm not sure if it's enough. The later weeks of Beginner 2 are pretty much centered on the CGC, so we should get more practice time in then. In the meantime, I'm going to try to make Petsmart visits a bit more frequent, and maybe take a trip down to PetCo, too, just for a subtle change of scenery.

No matter what, I'm proud of her.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP