Sunday, March 1, 2009

Been A While..

Pictures to come after I get some much needed rest..


Thursday Marge and I took a trip to Grandma's house.  She flew out of the car, up the steps, and into the house.. she LOVES it there for some reason.  We took a walk around the neighborhood and then said hello to one of the neighbors.  Marge let her pet her a little bit!  She really wasn't afraid and was standing right within the circle of the three of us standing there.

Shortly after she got to go across the street and play with her two friends, Gidget and Ralphie, the Cavalier/Bichon mixes.  Play bows were flying all over the place, especially between Ralphie and Marge.  They ran around like nuts.  Marge actually panted!

Friday Marge and I did some desensitization to walking close to other people on the sidewalk.  The high school had just let out, so there were a ton of people walking around.  She only got scared once.  I think people probably wonder what the heck I'm doing when I have Marge swing around from the front position and get close -- which she can do WONDERFULLY now -- but that's ok.  The important thing is that she's learning and gaining confidence.

That night, Mom, Grandma, my sister, Marge and I took a trip to Petsmart.  Marge's leash training pretty much goes out the window at Petsmart, but I got her to heel past some employees with the aid of treats.  She made friends with a little girl who gave her a treat, and also a man who asked for her paw and was met by Marge's usual grumbles.  Never fails.

Saturday We took an early morning walk up  to the shopping plaza, just so I can get Marge more and more acclimated to lots of strange people being around.  I didn't stay in the actual plaza long, as she was a little bit intimidated by everything, but walking alongside among shoppers with their bags was fine.  

Later we took a trip to the dog park, where, again, with the aid of some treats, Marge let a couple of people pet her.  I mean, in a sit, with their hands fully on her neck and head.  She saw her Husky buddy Niko, which got her pretty excited.  She had a great time, even though it was freezing.  It was nice to be back there, and even nicer that there were only about 4 or 5 dogs.

Today is Week 3 of Obedience.  I plan on walking up to the shopping center again as long as it isn't too cold.  Marge is also going to try a new training treat -- a Pet Botanics food roll.  We'll see how she does!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP