Monday, November 1, 2010

Yet Another

Despite my seasonal aches and pains (because who doesn't get sick at this time of year?) and mounting piles of schoolwork, I could not help myself but to take another trip out in to the woods.  Fall comes and goes quickly, and I don't think I'm going to be able to motivate myself nearly as often to go on these hikes in the winter!

We intended on only staying a half hour or so, but wound up walking for more than an hour.  Marge had the added delight of being allowed the freedom of her 20' leash, which, after a brief "are you really going to let me run around?" period, sent her in to an absolute frenzy.


We stopped for a quick dip in the lake.  No rashes have appeared on Marge's tummy yet, so I'm pretty sure that it was the murky pond water that was the culprit, rather than this big, crystal-clear lake.  She wound up going out pretty far!


We ventured off the main trails quite a bit, and saw the park from all sorts of new views.


By this point, Marge was cool from being wet, spotted the fowl swimming in the water, and her snooter was on high alert... every movement she made was a burst of energy, making this trip out to the trails the complete opposite of "leisurely."  She's never run through the woods like this before!


A new spot we hiked.  Yes, Marge did indeed drag me up and down this natural staircase.


We stopped by a couple of old favorite locations, too.  I kept adding on little bits of time.  I didn't want to leave!


My queen of the forest, regally posing on a ledge above us.


And, the very last photo from our excursion - my sweet, contented Marge, happy to be alone in the woods with the crisp November air running through her fur.  


We turn our attention back to agility later in the week, with the last trial of this year looming just a few days away.

18 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! November 1, 2010 at 11:31 PM  

Go Marge Go!!!

Lorenza November 1, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

A very nice walkie with a little splash included!
I hope you are doing well!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

KB November 2, 2010 at 12:00 AM  

It sounds like Marge is becoming like R, a zoomer in the woods! Great photos of the tree colors and water. I love it. I'm glad that she can go in the nice big lake. I bet that she loves it.

Cyndi and Stumpy November 2, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

There is nothing...absolutely NOTHING like a walk in the woods on a fall day. so glad you and marge got to enjoy that! stumpy and I are missing the woods and water, soemthing fierce!

LauraK November 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM  

I wouldn't want to leave either- I'd be beside myself with all of that color! Marge looks like one happy, spoiled little girl :)

Sierra Rose November 2, 2010 at 12:56 AM  

Another great hike!! Beautiful lake and so glad you got to swim :) Fall is such a special time to explore!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Chris and Ricky November 2, 2010 at 7:08 AM  

Gorgeous! Glad you left everything behind and took Marge back to the woods!

Dog_geek November 2, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

Sounds like a great time! This is definitely my favorite time of year, especially for exploring in the woods!

Anna the GSD November 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

It's waaaay too nice to be cooped up inside! It will be too cold soon, so enjoy it while you can!!

Love the new long leash!!

Two French Bulldogs November 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

That is one good mental health day
Hope it was relaxing
Benny & Lily

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ November 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Isn't this just the best time of the year for those great long hikes. Marge really looks like she had a great time.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Kathy Mocharnuk November 2, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Sounds like a GREAT walk, good luck at the trial, hope it is a great one for the last one of the year!!!

AC November 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

So, so pretty!

Kona says, "Welcome to the wild side, Marge!!"

I'll be thinking of you and Marge when we take off from Staten Island on Sunday!

Kari in Alaska November 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

I am sure Marge appreciates the extra hiking time while the weather is nice too!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Maggie Mae and Max November 2, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Next time I want to come wif you Marge!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Amy / Layla the Malamute November 2, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Gorgeous place - if I ever make it up to one of the Staten Island trials, I'd like you to give me the name of that park. Maybe we can explore it in between runs if there's time.

Glad Marge enjoyed her 20' freedom and swim.

Never Say Never Greyhounds November 3, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

Looming? Agility trials aren't looming! They are fun and something to look forward to! :-) At least they are suppose to be. You'll do great.

Anonymous November 3, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

What a beautiful place for a walk :) Yay! Marge got to go swimming! I really enjoy her expressions. If she lived closer I would have to ask her out on a play date :0

No worries Marge, you're safe unless I move northward ;)

Waggin at ya,
Roo

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP