Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dancing in the Fading Light


We're having a party here in MargeLand, celebrating the arrival - finally - of Marge's blood at Dr. Jean Dodds' testing center in California.  The tests have not yet been run, but I'm assuming the blood is still good and I'll have my long-awaited answers soon.


Today has been a mostly good day.  Marge went on a morning walk, a mid afternoon walk, and an evening walk right before her dinner.  The morning walk was completely loose, the evening walk filled with lots of clicking and behavior modification exercises in the busy field, and the middle walk a combination of the two.  I am pleased to say that all three went exceptionally well.


Here's another picture I snapped in my backyard tonight. Marge has her concerned face on because she was looking into the yard two houses over through the slats of the fence.  But, it shows off her very good physical condition.  Amping up the exercise (and specifically, the small sessions of agility training in my yard) has definitely produced more muscle in my already muscular girl.  As she's aged, she seems to have filled out in all the right areas and her strength and curves really make for a good lookin' dog.  If I do say so myself!

Fortunately, she wasn't too concerned with the other activity going on, and though I tried to play a game of "find it" with her beloved hippo, she decided that running around with it on her own was a better option.. see above.

In other news, I did send in my trial entry, as some of you have been wondering.  I received my confirmation last night - Marge and I, if everything goes right, will be running in the NADAC Regular class on the first day of next month.  It's amazing and terrifying all at the same time.

11 comments:

BRUTUS October 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Yeeaahhh Marge & Sam!! Kudos on your entry :) Noe the trick will be to just treat the trial as another training day so that Marge can take shine is what is obviously her element!!

Isn't it amazing what simple conditioning does to a dog's body? I am constantly getting remarks on how muscular Brutus is! True he is a little leaner than the typical (read: couch potato) Frenchie, but that just accentuates how naturally muscular he is.

Tonight will be our first dose of Melatonin, keeping our fingers crossed that it will be something that can help with Brutus' separation anxiety, as we will be undertaking an Earlventure (thankd for coining that term - love it) next week. Although Brutus is great while we travel, he isn't too good with being in his crate if we need to go out without him! Wish us luck!!

Michelle & Brutus

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! October 8, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

I'm glad your blood made it!

I'm so jealous of your varied walking methods!

I did have four today (each 1.25 miles) but they were all on the same boring 4' leash!

Your pikh was khwite khool!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The Army of Four October 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

Great news on the blood arrival! Ha roooo!
And yeowzers, Marge. What a great shot of you.
Play bows,
Zim

Dexter October 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Good thing they found your blood. Let's hope something good comes of their testing. You sure are looking lean and fit.

Slobbers,
Mango

Kari in Alaska October 8, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

She is a beautiful looking dog!

Cyndi and Stumpy October 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Marge is looking GORGEOUS!!! I love a fit and fabulous dog!

Fetch is a game humans invented. We control freaky humans bastardized their game of keep away. You were supposed to chase her down, Sam.

KB October 8, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

I'm so glad that Marge's blood made it! Now you can find out that particular answer without any further hassle!

Marge is gorgeous. She's so muscular and lean. Kudos to you for keeping her in such great shape!

It's snowing here so seeing green grass is a treat!

Martha October 9, 2009 at 3:44 AM  

Thank goodness they found the blood and it hasn't spoiled!
Yes Marge is looking great - very fit and athletic.
That is certainly a lot of exercise!
Then again I guess I am used to bassets who love a good walk but would never manage three in one day!!!
Nice to see you looking so beautiful Marge.
xx

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS October 9, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

You look grrreat! Now that you have your blood.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Luv,
Riley and Star.

Kathy Mocharnuk October 9, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Marge does look M A R V E L O U S!
she really looks in great shape. I am sooooo glad that the blood got to the lab. Hope the results are back soon. I am so excited for you and Marge, NADAC should be a good first time out trialing, you guys will do absolutely terrific, I hope you are able to get your run video taped.

Astrid Keel October 9, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Marge looks fab! Definitely a strong girl! Hope that the trials go well. :)

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP