Thursday, October 15, 2009

Totem Poles, Tongues, and Thanks to You

We've been invited by our good friend Brutus to participate in the celebration of his 100th post on the blog by sharing something ridiculous.


I don't know how clear you can see everything in this picture, but it goes like this: I am sitting in a small desk chair, there is a 40-pound Labrador mix in my lap, and, on top of that 40-pound Labrador mix, there is a 10-pound cat. It's just a totem pole of ridiculousless - me for letting Marge sit with me in that particular chair (it's not comfortable!), Marge for allowing Layla to get comfy on her back, and, in some ways, Layla for not freaking out that her prime real estate was being settled on by a big stinky dog. The result of this is usually painful pins and needles in my legs, but, hey, she enjoyed climbing up to cuddle, so it is definitely worth it!

------------------
Additionally, miss Anna the GSD is also running a contest on her blog, involving tongues. I found just the right picture to send to her. (Marge is actually getting a taste of ice cream - I caved in and bought her some after a long agility practice. She only got a few licks, but she really did enjoy it.)


------------------
Lastly, we don't do contests or awards here, but I did want to simply acknowledge the fact that MargeBlog has reached 30 followers. Coming on here and seeing your comments really does brighten my day, and I just wanted to say thank you for that. I am happy to have met so many friends on here who have shared their stories, encouragement and wisdom with me as I go on this journey with my girl.

I am always looking to make new blog friends, so if anyone has any "suggested reading" for me, please feel free to leave links in the comment box or to shoot me an e-mail.

21 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! October 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

That tongue pikh soooooo takes the skhoop of khake AND ice khream!

Tank woo fur sharing your entries with us!

Welkhome to the fun world of blogging - it is khwite rewarding enjoyable challenging fun and THE BEST!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! October 15, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Woo were visiting me whilst I was visiting woo!

My Gotcha Day is 8/26 (akhtually my mom's birthday too since I was her gift to herself)!

This day is a furry special one fur Mom - a day that helped her get started on her new life - a life that enabled her to eventually let me find her at the 'B&B' that day in August!

BRUTUS October 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Haha! That's a great entry!! I love it because you could never MAKE that totem thing happen, it just evolved all by itself! Its also the first one where I can really notice the brown color in Marge's coat :)

That's a great tongue picture too!! Think I might have to go check out that site :)

Michelle

Bijou October 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

BOL Now you just need to add a mouse to the top of your totem!

Terrific tongue picture Marge!

Waggles,
Bijou

Cyndi and Stumpy October 15, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

I REALLY would NOT want that tongue waking me up in the middle of the night!!!

I am trying to picture you holding an icecream cone for marge and trying to snap a picture.I guess if you can balance that pile in your lap, you can manage a whole bunch of stuff! Two really great photo ops!

Sharon October 15, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

I think your blog is a great idea. There are some many reasons so many other people NEED to read your blog. People wanting to rescue who don't know about the commitment. People who dump their pets, and dont think about what happens, people who don't spay or neuter, and... just people like me, who need to have faith in 2 legged people unlike 4 legged people.

Dexter October 15, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

MARGE! You are totally freaking me out! I mean, do you know that your tongue has been replaced by some alien glow in the dark snake? No wonder you sometimes act spooky.

I can totally understand the dogs in lap stuff. I have never had the pleasure, but my Beautiful Raja who was a petite 190 pounds used to get to put her bottom on momma until momma lost all the blood in her legs too (hey, more for her old brain, right?).

Slobbers,
Mango

Deborah October 15, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

That tounge is crazy!! Holy Cow!!
Nice being your friend, Even though Marge has a crazy tonge, she's great!!

KB October 15, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

Absolutely awesome photos! I'm chuckling in Colorado about both of them. Ah, and my 55 lb lab is trying to climb into my lap :)

Raegan October 15, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

We need a hazmat suit on the premises, stat! That tongue is radioactive!

Is Marge's brown more noticeable in real life? Or is it like, here's another picture of my dog, looking totally different from last time?

Kathy Mocharnuk October 15, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

what a sweetie Marge is to participate in the totem pole, very cute, and looks very cozy. LOVE the tongue, very nice ;-). It is always fun to come here and here how Marge and You and doing, she is a terrific dog and you are doing such a good job with her,...I love to follow your progress!

Kari in Alaska October 16, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

Ha the girls like to sit on top of each other when they are on the sofa with me resulting in 100lbs of dog!

Martha October 16, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Both entries are very good. Particularly like the tongue shot! Isn't that just the kind of tongue you want when you are trying to lick out that bit of chocolate mousse!
Good luck xxxxx

Ruby and Penny October 16, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

My what a long tongue you have. Hope you win.
Love Ruby & Penny

Frankie Furter and Ernie October 16, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

If your tongue shot doesn't win.. IT SHOULD. Super totem pole.

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS October 16, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Hi Sam,

I think you should start a contest next. - "The Funniest Tongue Contest". That would be a good one and you would probably win!

Thanks for voting for us every week.

We luv ya,
Riley and Star.

Astrid Keel October 16, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

wow! that is a pawsome tongue picture... and I gotta say that um "dog pile" (or should i say doggy/cat pile?) is indeed a teensie bit ridiculous. :)

Anna the GSD October 16, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

Wow!! That is tongue-tacular!!! I'm very impressed!!! :P

Carolyn October 16, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

When I first looked at this picture I thought, "Since when is Marge a brindle?"

Priceless!

-C

Lorenza October 18, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

Hi, Marge!
Your totem pole performance is pawesome!
I'd love to be a lap dog but my body shape makes it hard!
And your tongue!!! Wow! Amazing!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Diana Chiew October 29, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Hello Marge,

We came over from Anna's to check out your tongue and are we glad we did...what a "glowing" tongue you have!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP