Sunday, June 21, 2009

All Breed Show/Dilly Dally Rally

I thought I'd start out with showing off some pictures from the AKC All-Breed Dog Show I went to this weekend. We have a lot of Agility/Obedience trials around here, but if I'm not mistaken, this is the only conformation show we have on Staten Island. There was Agility and Obedience here, too, but I always feel weird taking pictures of a total stranger's dog when they're in the ring by themselves. So, I've only got conformation pictures.

My advanced apologies for not being able to snap photos of everyone's favorite breeds. We didn't get to see all of the groups.









Later on in the day, Marge had her turn in the ring at Rally Obedience class. Because of the dog show, Father's Day and whatever else, there were only two other dogs in the class. Marge was very well behaved and said hello to her acquaintance, Sophie, a Westie who she is slowly getting to know between Rally and Agility classes.

Our runs on the course were admittedly sloppy, partially due to my errors and partially due to Marge just not feeling like performing. I screwed up a whole bunch of signs, and Marge decided sniffing was better than heeling. Her sits/downs/stands were also horribly crooked. Hey, I'll take good behavior over good Rally performance any day, so I'm not upset.

***We will let this post also serve as a reminder of our upcoming blog collection. There are only a few days left to submit. We already have some players, but we'd like for more of our friends to join. All you need to do is shoot us an e-mail with your favorite picture and a short blurb. You can read more about it here. Please play and help celebrate Marge's special day!***

6 comments:

Sue June 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

What a fun way to spend the day. I enjoy conformation shows when I'm not showing. I'm thinking of showing Fudge again this fall, we'll see how he does in Rally first. We only need one more leg.

Rufus and Indie June 22, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Great photos! I just love Dog Shows!
Kisses
Rufus and Indie

Life With Dogs June 22, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

Agreed - good behavior makes everything easier - not that we know about that here!

PoochesForPeace June 22, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

very cool! Like all the diff dog pics

Cinnamon and Mint June 22, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Love your photos!! Are you training on Rally Obedience? That’s something we would like to try if there is a chance! But, as far as I know, there is no class teaching Rally O in Auckland unfortunately. So, I envy you!

Kimberly June 22, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

thanks for stopping by our bloggie :) ..

kimberly & Bell

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP