Sunday, May 24, 2009

Headed the Right Way

Well, we're through Week 2 of Rally, so we're twenty-five percent done with the class.

Marge was good tonight. No incidents at all, and it seems like the class actually thinned out a little bit. (Hopefully it wasn't only due to Memorial Day Weekend - I think some people transferred to an Attention class.) We stayed primarily off to the side and I distracted Marge as best I could from all of the commotion.

The only "signs" I saw from her that I didn't like had to do with the door - which isn't surprising, since the door is a problem at my own house, too. But she didn't react and she was able to work today. We navigated two Rally courses and I think we did a pretty good job.

Sadly, the class wasn't completely positive, as Nature decided to dump a nice big thunderstorm on us during the last ten minutes of class. Marge would not do anything at all and got a little bit flighty, but she DID take hot dogs most of the time, so I think that's a pretty good sign. I'm hoping and wishing and praying that she does NOT start to associate the training hall with big scary booms. I guess we'll find out next week.

I'm happy, though. Aside from the storm, I think both of us had more fun than we did last week at Rally. We are going to really focus on our homework this week and see how far we get. I think Agility is always going to be our first love, but maybe we'll develop a fondness for playing Rally, too.

2 comments:

Life With Dogs May 26, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

This seems to be a bit of an improvement since my last visit - very encouraging!

StellaStar May 26, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Keep up the good work! I can't imagine the struggles you go through with Marge. It sounds like she is making progress, even if it is just tiny baby steps.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP