Friday, May 15, 2009

Missing in Action


Sorry I haven't made my blog rounds this week. We should be back to normal now!

The week in review:

- I've been sick as a dog from Tuesday until today. I was able to get to agility before the worst of it set in on Wednesday, but unfortunately, my cameragirl sister was not so lucky. Alas, we have another week of no agility pictures. We've been one germ-filled household. Walks for Marge have been short and sparse. We're just getting back into the swing of things today, with a decent walk and backyard agility session. (The picture above was taken just after the session of an annoyed Marge, who didn't want the camera in her face after doing all that jumping and targeting.)

- Agility on Tuesday was a lot of fun. We practiced the tunnel alot and Marge is going through it even when it's slightly curved. Tried the chute a couple of times, too, but only with the collapsed part held open. She was a little bit afraid of it. Did the A-Frame a whole bunch of times and Marge absolutely loves it. Started weaving as well - very very tricky!

- Rally's starting Sunday. She, supposedly, should be ready for APDT Level 1 at the end of the 8 week session. I'm not holding my breath, but I think there's a trial coming up in July, on the last week of class. Who knows! I guess we'll see if she likes it and how she progresses. APDT is nice because you can treat your dog during non-moving exercises. I'm not looking for the whole Formal-O thing right now, so Rally should be nice for building attention and getting used to the ring.

And, that's really all I've got for now. With two classes next week, hopefully we'll have a lot to blog about!

4 comments:

Sue May 15, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Hope you're feeling better soon. We enjoy Rally even though we sometimes improvise.

Life With Dogs May 15, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

I am very sorry to hear that you have not been well - but glad to hear you are on the mend. Your comment cracked me up tonight - thanks for the laugh!
Good luck with agility next week :)

Rufus and Indie May 16, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

We hope you feel better now! We can't wait to see the agility pics!
Kisses
Rufus and Indie

StellaStar May 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

Glad you're feeling better, and good luck with the chute!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP