Thursday, December 31, 2009

Superb Scribbles

I seldom fully participate in blog awards, but I think that this one is really special because there is strong meaning and purpose behind it. Sue over at the Portuguese Water Blog awarded this to me the other day.



I've always liked writing, especially about the topics that are near and dear to my heart. MargeBlog is the perfect blend of these factors for me - I get to write casually about what is arguably my favorite topic in the world, all the while sharing ideas and stories with others who hold similar interests. For that reason, I am honored to have been named a Superior Scribbler.

I will pass this on to five people who I think are deserving of this award. I know some of my blog friends do not participate in awards, but, regardless of that, I wanted to choose those who I feel express the same blend of enthusiasm about both writing and the things that they love in their life.

I know, for sure, that I could not come up with the endless cartoons and dialogues that the authors of Nigel, Sola and Truffles' blog deliver to us nearly every day. Life With Dogs has been a constant source of laughter for me during my almost-year of blogging. Every once in a while, they throw in a poetic or thought provoking or even tear-jerking post.

Michelle at Brutus' Blog is able to switch gears so quickly in her writing, and, like me, incorporates her dog into nearly all aspects of life. Who else do you know could describe the signature "Turporken" dish and talk about her beloved dog's holiday gifts, all in one post? She always keeps me guessing - I don't know if I'll open the blog to find training news, cute pictures, or tales from life on the road in their RV, Earl. Thanks for being so full of surprises!

Mango's Great Adventures
Mango and Dexter are obviously the faces of this great blog, but I know there is another person behind the scenes who is responsible for the hilarious content of this blog. "Mango Momma" has helped to give Mango and Dexter such unique voices on their blog. I sometimes catch myself saying things like "Most Excellent!" just the way the Mango himself would exclaim.

I confess that KB's blog was the first to come to my mind when I saw I needed to pass this award on. There has never been a day where I didn't enjoy going over to visit her blog. The words that she writes are just as poetic as the pictures she posts. I think the most common comment on her blog must be "WOW! That's amazing!," because I know even I sometimes cannot find the right words to describe how remarkable what I just read was.

Though their posts are short, they are frequent, and I am always ready to read them. They switch effortlessly between writing from the human perspective and the dogs' perspective. Their video essays of their walks in the woods their pictures of brilliant sunsets and other landscapes make this blog really worth going to. When I go there, I feel as though I'm being presented with the little bits and pieces of life that truly characterizes the day-to-day adventures of the Thundering Herd.

I will post the rules, for those who wish to pass on their Superior Scribbler award to others.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom she/he has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on her/his blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit This Post and add her/his name to the Mr Linky List. That way,we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on her/his blog.
I think many, if not all of the blogs that I read are deserving of this award. Every day, I look forward to coming on and reading all about your latest adventures.

5 comments:

Sue December 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

I can't wait to visit each of those blogs and read about new adventures. I enjoy finding new blogs that are well done and interesting, and having you screen them first makes the process even more fun.

Happy New Year

Dexter January 1, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

Wow! Thanks for a most amazing award. I will try and explain all the rules to momma, but I did get confused about how to add to the linky list.

Momma says that sometimes she talks like me at the work place by accident. Maybe because she THINKS like me. Hehehe.

Slobbers,
Mango

KB January 1, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

Congrats on your award and thanks for your very kind words. I wish that I would be allowed to award it to you because yours is one of my absolute favorite blogs. But you already won it... deservedly, I'd say!

BRUTUS January 1, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

Thanks for the award and all your kind words! Most of the other awardees are already pals of ours, but we need to go meet this Portuguese Water Blog! Your blog is certainly deserving of it as well, the thought, description, and dedication you posts is superceeded only by your dedication to Marge herself!!
Best wishes for many continued milestones & successes in 2010!!

Michelle & Brutus

D.K. Wall January 4, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Er - I will never get the superb staying caught up with blog reading award, because I am always behind. But thanks so much for the award and the very kind comments. I really appreciate it.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP